• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hello From Michigan!

I[OIIIIIIIO]I

Hello all,

This is Adam from Michigan. I have been lurking here for a while learning everything I could before I bought my H3.

Last week I pulled the trigger on a grey 2008 with the adventure and luxury package. I couldn't believe how hard it was to find one with both options!

I am a former Jeep TJ owner so I am not new to off road but I am new to having a vehicle on 33's that actually goes straight down the road. Really liking the on road refinement over the solid axle TJ.:thumbs:

The H3 is bone stock as I bought it but that will start changing in the next couple weeks.

My bucket list goal for next year is to make it out to Moab or the Rubicon.

Here are my short term plans so far:

-35" Mud Terrains on the OEM wheels. Thinking MTZ or Nitto Trail at this point

-TB Lift

-Remove the side steps!

-PCM Tune or Power Programmer, not sure yet

-AirDoc CAI

Let me know if you think I'm missing anything to get started.

I'll dig into it a bit more mechanically once spring comes, too damn cold now!

Here is a stunt double until I can get a good picture of mine.

2008_H3.jpg

I[OIIIIIIIO]I

Welcome. Does it already have UCP?

Not much yet. It's on my short list along with rock rails before I do any serious wheeling. Any brands I should consider?

I know it has the OEM fuel tank skid, not sure if that one is good or not. If it's anything like the thin factory skid on the TJ it needs to go.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome. You can find RPP, OEM, on eBay sometimes. There are other aftermarket providers like Rocky Road. There are forum members that make UCP kits for the H3.

GarryM

Welcome from another Michiganer. For PCM upgrades, also check out Jeremy at http://www.lime-swap.com/tune . Had my H3 reprogrammed by him and couldn't be happier, and he's local here in Michigan though your on other side of state. But still might be worth looking into. Lots of great information here.

I[OIIIIIIIO]I

Thanks guys for the suggestions! I will check them out as I start this build.

I am also thinking about the Power Programmer for the convenience and ability to easily make changes in the future. I need to do some research though.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Welcome from SoCal.

You should put low profile rear shock mounts on your list. Maybe a rear diff shield. AAA premiere membership. What about a winch? Light bar, ...

Good luck prioritizing your list and offroading your H3.

I[OIIIIIIIO]I

Good call on the low profile shock mounts. The factory ones really hang down quite a bit!

The diff cover will go on next time I change the diff fluid. Does the locker require any special oil or additives?

???

Welcome from West Michigan also, I'm sure you'll put that h3 to use with all of the snow this weekend!

I[OIIIIIIIO]I

Yes, let it snow!

Just need to figure out what tires I'm going to order, the ones on it now are pretty worn. I Have my eyes on Mickey Thompson MTZ now, but also thinking about Nitto Trail Grapplers, or BFG KM3 if they come out soon.