• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H4O - the hack and the update

JPaul

alrock, are you manually backing up the forum? If so and if you have access to create a Cron job I have a script I copied from a previous client that will automatically back up the database and files and FTP them to another location that you can use to do more frequent off site backups so that if this happens again not so much will be lost.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Good to see the forum back up and running, thank you.

I haven't posted on here in months due to losing my login info--I'd always used my computers saved info to login but it stopped working reliably for me so I just looked at new posts without being able to post anything.

Now that I write this down I'm thinking the mods may have found they enjoyed my participation in the forum as an observer rather than an active member-----heeeyyyyyy.........

Woodtick

image.jpg:asoff:

scoreh3

I leave town to go racing in Baja and H40 was down and out and I return to a normal world . Thanks alrock for the welcome home gift .

Zach

Mall Crawler
Great job Alex and to everyone else involved. This is by far the most active HUMMER forum with so much info. But can we get a NASCAR section? Ha

High Five H2

I don't post much, but I lurk all the time. I've looked at a few hummer forums, and this one is definitely the best. more people involved, better information, etc.

autumn walker

I have been away from the board for awhile, come back and this is the first post I read. Eek!

Alrock, I run a small hosting / infrastructure company and I have experience managing forums (software, backups, etc.) - vBulletin many moons ago, but most recently Invision Power Board.

Shoot me a PM, perhaps I can help with the infrastructure costs to host the board and, if you are interested, I can lend a hand with the admin stuff. I hear you that it is "not about the money", but every bit helps I am sure.

zbar

I don`t post much on any forum; but, I do quite a bit of research and reading here. I don`t do any "social" media for many reasons.
If there is a need for funding , put a donation button and a link to Paypal and I am sure the Hummer community will heed the call.

A huge thanks for all the time and effort, it is appreciated and would be a shame to see the site disappear.