• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Spy photos....

4speedfunk

This project has been going on for awhile now...behind closed doors...deep in the bowels of the THORparts skunkworks department.
After receiving numerous requests for full coverage light pods...and busting my own plastic grille on a tree...I have secretly been working on the THORparts Gen II front bumper...
https://vimeo.com/182104692
This is far from finished but the final plans include LED lamps frenched into the pods, and a stainless steel woven wire mesh grille....
76fc78f237150433a6ff59935c05a067.jpg

I am a die-hard believer in a fully exposed winch, so the basic center portion of the bumper remains unchanged except for a small tweek to the fair lead mount...
9ea1808d3c9ad4875680a46dd6006cfb.jpg

The new pods are 3/16" thick (compared to 14ga. on the original Gen I bumper). Also...the pods will now be bolted directly to the bumper, rather than hung off the radiator support.

As always...opinions welcome! Much more to come on this design.

4speedfunk

First things first Casey! I gotta get this new bumper into production to finance any sort of 2-door, Cummins-powered, truck.
So I did a test fit on Warren. I have lots of tweaking to do to the CAD model before pulling the trigger...
f03d8099219fcfaeb6efbc44f84e2614.jpg

Last edited:

JPaul

That's excellent!

I love my Thor bumper but want some more protection for the front. I was planning on making some additions to it but now I want to wait and see what exactly you end up with. Thanks for doing this!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

rjwilson

Yes. I'm out of contact for the next week (sailing) but here is the latest....
cfa415f5996d7f990055b8b47d529949.jpg

I'm shooting for Thanksgiving-ish.

I see you forgot to mention the awesome new pod/flood led light addition.:horns: I was going to do it myself with a round one, this is so much better, will y'all be offering the harness already attached to the pods or will that be down to us?