• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
It comes off the assembly line with that flared out to keep it in place. While it depends on how tight the tolerances were when putting in the new part, for peace of mind I would still flare it out to keep it from somehow working its way back out and giving you grief down the road.

It doesn't have to be a lot, a few points peened over are enough to help keep it in place.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Gotcha, thanks. It's all back together so I'll try and wiggle a chisel in there and give it a couple of hits

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

08H3

Drove it down to this little out of the way bar and grill I know where pets are always welcome. Pretty remote. Just the way I like it.
1447.jpg

BC backroader

I polished up my hazy fog light lenses with the McGuire's headlight restoration kit. It worked as advertised, the lenses are very clear, look almost new. Then my son and I tackled the driver's side DRL/signal bulb replacement. GM really blew it on this item, why the bleep should you have to remove both the grille, and the inner fender liner, just to replace a cheap 1157 bulb??? Anyway, we "got 'er done", and it didn't cost me an hour's labor at the dealer, just a case of beer for my boy, so a successful afternoon.

08H3

Not a Hummer, but offroad related. Had a friend over this weekend and took her out on the trails for the first time ever. I was honestly kind of surprised she went out. Her JK lives a pampered life for sure. She did great though and had a blast. Scraped the side on one tree and clipped the front bumper on a second (hey, no judgement here!) and took it in stride. Hopefully she's hooked now and will be trading in the all seasons for mud tires soon!

Attachments

• download_20200921_093457.jpg
    download_20200921_093457.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 336
  • VID_123820812_213032_122_exported_46933_1600636996801.jpg
    VID_123820812_213032_122_exported_46933_1600636996801.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

K0PIR

So, did you use Dexron III or Dexron VI? :)

People who have been on this forum for a while will remember how that question blew up into a heated debate in the past!

Yeah I remember, that’s why I didn’t say [emoji3577]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jphh20

Replaced passenger side motor mount. Never realized how bad it was and how much better it drives now. Drivers side is next.

Old mount
ee1e7f3dd3bdd6129d53875e64769142.jpg

b3a30b48a327329312f4531b5dfee293.jpg

New Mount
c4afeede42ac0d6b831a45c9470f49bb.jpg

08H3

That looks like a great place to camp. I thought about it this weekend, but the nights are starting to get pretty cool and I'm a wimp.

K0PIR

That looks like a great place to camp. I thought about it this weekend, but the nights are starting to get pretty cool and I'm a wimp.

Yeah not too much longer and it’s gonna be too cold. It’s warming up to 74° today. 38° last night.

USMC_315

So, did you use Dexron III or Dexron VI? :)

People who have been on this forum for a while will remember how that question blew up into a heated debate in the past!

I'm about to change mine. What's the argument here? Isn't VI recommended by GM?

08H3

I probably never should have made that comment. You are fine. There was just a thread on here years ago regarding T-Case fluid that became more heated than a Trump-Biden debate.

Bowser-II

Still working on leaks this year.

352ecade174160610eacdd26877efcbf.jpg

Spring time was bolts on the rails and the sunroof drains. Partial fix, but I didn’t get the sunroof seal in place. So now there is that to do.

Used the sunroof a lot because the AC system is on the clunk.

Found the third leak this week when I decided to check the HVAC drain, holy Niagara Falls Batman! There might as well have been a giant ‘insert thunderstorm here’ sign!

Fixed that with two rubber gaskets and a nice hose clamp

e81a4ae850a9aad30574623418304254.jpg

Bowser-II

Was the HVAC drain leaking inside the cab?

Not the HVAC unit itself.

Water gets down behind the insulation on the firewall and soaks through the foam that is supposed to block anything from getting into the cab at the drain. The insulation is pulling away from the firewall which is a concern, so any water in the cowl or hood trim or splashing up during driving will get in.

I sprayed the other inlets and outlets and a few drops would make it in, but nothing like the drain.

Jeff V.

I wish I had known about this when I had my dash out to replace the AC evaporator. It would have been a perfect time to add a better seal to that drain.

Jeff V.

The TPMS light has been on since we bought our 09. I wanted to make sure the sensors were actually bad before I committed to paying to replace them. I say that because I had the body control module (home of the tire sensor receiver) out of the truck when I had the dash out to replace the evaporator core. The back of it looked like it may have gotten wet at some point. It was either that or just solder flux residue from when it was made. I couldn't be sure.

So I picked up a potentially broken GM tire sensor tool on eBay. It was cheap enough and I had a good guess what was wrong with it. Turns out I was right. The rechargable battery packs were terminally dead, and the kit didn't include a charging cradle. The terminal inside the device was damaged due to the dead pack corroding it.

Fortunately you can use generic C batteries with these things. So I took the back off, removed the ruined battery pack, fixed the terminal and dropped in some recharagable C-cells from Amazon. It fired right up.
biggrin.gif

All four of the sensors are bad. The spare tire seems ok though. :p

H3CE-TPMS-scan.jpg

The other cool thing about this is it has a simulation mode. You can basically put it in reverse and have it pretend to be each wheel, to see if the BCM can successfully do a sensor relearn. It did. The BCM is ok.

I don't know yet if I'm going to try to replace them myself, or just live with it until we make a decision on replacing or refinishing the wheels.

USMC_315

I've been having a leak problem again. Instead of being on the A pillar, this leak is coming from the C pillar and is soaking the headliner on the passenger side. Another strange thing about it is this only happens with the truck is facing uphill, never when it's facing downhill. Any thoughts on what might be going on? I really don't have the means to fix this right now without having any knowledge on what might exactly be going on. Thanks for any help!