• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I know you already got them but Ill give you my experience, esp since once you put holes in your roof you're pretty much committed!!!
I have it on my 06 and honestly its useless. It glares alot on the windshield and the hood. Since I have a white truck, the hood really glows and ends up ruining my night vision (my eyes end up adapting to the light reflecting back from the hood I cant see in the dark anymore)
I actually can see better without it than with it! Whats worse is if you have some dust on the windshield, those glow too. I end up using the windshield wipers to clean it but since I drive in the desert its hopeless!
Finally, they make alot of wind noise when going above 70.

The problem with those lights is that the mouting location and the flood beam. If they were 2" forward or backword the windshield glare would be gone. The hood can be solved by adding some black vinyl or black magnetic sheets, or even adding a stripe of window tinting to the bottom part of the windshield (enough to block what you see from the hood)
I have heard about those issues as well. I plan on retrofitting some better led lights in there, light bar, pods, whatever lol that should solve the glare issue, atleast I've heard that a couple of people who retrofitted them didnt have the glare.

As far as wind noise goes, its jot my daily so luckily I wont have to deal too much with that Haha. Itll probably be a while before they actually get mounted.

Thank you though!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Installed the Schwarttzy skid plate. Since I have the SAS I only did the t-case plate. Had to slightly trim a couple corners, otherwise easy install.
5a1b321a16316041f6e8e59d443ad29c.jpg
1d891c490ec82d18303b9369d61c0f8f.jpg
e91b622a497cce5de7b91cfb41e3caa0.jpg
3c9057cf24455fb50c024ee8dc2c7f29.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Romeo

Went for inspection and didn't realize my check engine light was on (smh), had my grandfather's memorial card blocking it (lol) and turns out I have P0894, P0365, P0366, and Evap :( Now driving around with expired inspection and need to figure out fixes for the above codes

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

mjferencak

Went for inspection and didn't realize my check engine light was on (smh), had my grandfather's memorial card blocking it (lol) and turns out I have P0894, P0365, P0366, and Evap :( Now driving around with expired inspection and need to figure out fixes for the above codes

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Replace two camshaft position sensors and probably change your Evaporate canister and you’ll be good except for the transmission code. Might just need an oil and filter change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08H3

Sold my tires. Didn't really expect to, but got a good offer. Need to get some KM3s pretty quick now. Rolling on 32" Blizzaks looks stupid in the winter. It's going to look really bad in the spring!

JPaul

Updated my build thread with the backlog of work I've done the last couple months. Also gave a crack at painting the factory wheels. Only did one today to see how it would turn out.

82NHFGC.jpg

JPaul

Rims look great. What color you spray them?
VHT graphite wheel paint. Trying to decide what to do about the hubcap. Might leave it silver, might paint just the round portion. If I just paint the round portion then I'll probably paint the "HUMMER" letters as well. Might just paint the whole thing, but I think it'd look better with some kind of contrast.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

MilamJR

VHT graphite wheel paint. Trying to decide what to do about the hubcap. Might leave it silver, might paint just the round portion. If I just paint the round portion then I'll probably paint the "HUMMER" letters as well. Might just paint the whole thing, but I think it'd look better with some kind of contrast.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I vote paint everything except the letters it will make them stand out.

Rockhound

took apart the sunroof drains and drilled them out and cleaned the tubes out. I'm not sure you guys with bigger hands get up in the passenger side. I am a smaller guy and i still chewed my hands up pretty good

Ghostbuster

New front diff bushing yeah buddy

Is it necessary to get a new bolt, washer, and nut for it?

9292257e5ec065b8c5df48c540b9bb1e.jpg

Last edited:

rascole

took apart the sunroof drains and drilled them out and cleaned the tubes out. I'm not sure you guys with bigger hands get up in the passenger side. I am a smaller guy and i still chewed my hands up pretty good
Remove the plastic cover from the side and cut a triangle hole in the plastic, makes it far easier to work on. You'll never see the hole when the cover is on.

JPaul

The bolt and nut look fine. The washer is not flat. Is it supposed to be flat? Thanks. I’m going to put the crossmember back in tomorrow.

Hopefully this solves my clunking noise.

No, the large washer (about a couple inches in diameter or so) is dished. The bushing face should have a similar shape to it I think.

Traxx

Nice day out so figured I would start the exhaust manifold replacement. Got the manifold off and gave the broken stud some soaking in PB blaster for a day or two while waiting on some new larger vise grips to show up.
Since I was bored I dropped the trans pan and ordered the pinless forward and 1-2 accumulators and a corvette servo for it to see if it cures the slippy 1-2 shift or just order a reman. For 85$ with Dex it seemed cheap enough to give it a go.

Korby7

Have some time on my hands “working from home” for the next 30 days. Starting to dial in the suspension. Needs limiting straps and re-routing front brake lines. Adams drive shafts coming tomorrow.

2CB646AA-4F31-46C7-B0E4-AEC3C380A1CD.jpeg

RamRod

Put on a new to me FrontRunner roof top tent and installed a new black cover for it... now those straps look really UV damaged and I think I will replace those as well

20200312_082439.jpg