Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 1 of 189 123451151101 ... LastLast
    "Like Nothing Else"
    Thanks

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

Well might as well start this thread again, so post up! If you have old info you want to save in here, throw it in here! If the old thread is resurrected then please delete this one!

Ill start:

This past March, i traded in my daily for a new daily. My old daily was an 01 suburban with 110XXX miles, which isn't bad however everything underneath was rusted to hell. The rear pinion bearing gave out completely and almost grenaded the rear diff. The tech at the dealer said he pulled out a handful of metal from the diff. Needless to say they were willing to give me on trade in what i was expecting to get, even with the pending repair. So I snagged a nice 2015 silverado extended cab, matching color too!

I had the BA bumper and rock rails blasted and coated in line-x platinum/premium, whichever one is their highest quality spray, to ensure it won't fade from UV rays.

I also threw on the engo 10k-s winch that has been sitting in my closet for 3 years. Installing this bumper by yourself is not the easiest thing to do, but doable.

I also took off my old offroad lights that weren't working and the old wiring atrocity that they were hooked up to.
    Old wires

New lights are KC pro sport gravity leds (spot beam), led wiring harnesses are so simple its stupid. I used only 1 harness even though its 2 set of lights. I bought some splitters from here http://www.speeddemonlights.com/harn...rness-end.html They work great and let me run all 4 lights off of one switch.

I also picked up a gauge pod from a guy on facebook who was taking the time to custom build and paint them. I plan on installing an oil pressure gauge and transmission temp gauge. I want this done right and the wiring and install to look as close to OEM so im waiting on doing anything until i have everything all planned out. However i do have the pod installed, gives me a nice view of the airbag behind it!

I also did do an muffler delete, i'm getting the pipe extended this week so that the plastic on the bumper doesn't melt.
    Here's a clip, i think it sounds decent, not ricy at all.

-2009 H3 Alpha/Adv||SAS/SOA
    -2008 H3 Alpha-RIP

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cgalpha08 For This Useful Post:

Lewiz VenomH3 (07-08-2017)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 1,062 Posts
    I need to powder coat my Gobi rack and BA winch bumper again. Just had a crate 5.3 installed.
    1998 H1 Open Top
    1994 H1 HMC4
    1992 H1 HMC4 LE
    1990 1025 Armament Carrier

KJ6JCC

BlackSheep Hummer Squadron, H1 PsychoSquad

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,056 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Crate 5.3 installed in your alpha?
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA D70 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, hybrid cage, Warn 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

"H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cgalpha08 View Post
    Well might as well start this thread again, so post up! If you have old info you want to save in here, throw it in here! If the old thread is resurrected then please delete this one!

Ill start:

This past March, i traded in my daily for a new daily. My old daily was an 01 suburban with 110XXX miles, which isn't bad however everything underneath was rusted to hell. The rear pinion bearing gave out completely and almost grenaded the rear diff. The tech at the dealer said he pulled out a handful of metal from the diff. Needless to say they were willing to give me on trade in what i was expecting to get, even with the pending repair. So I snagged a nice 2015 silverado extended cab, matching color too!

I had the BA bumper and rock rails blasted and coated in line-x platinum/premium, whichever one is their highest quality spray, to ensure it won't fade from UV rays.

I also threw on the engo 10k-s winch that has been sitting in my closet for 3 years. Installing this bumper by yourself is not the easiest thing to do, but doable.

I also took off my old offroad lights that weren't working and the old wiring atrocity that they were hooked up to.
    Old wires

New lights are KC pro sport gravity leds (spot beam), led wiring harnesses are so simple its stupid. I used only 1 harness even though its 2 set of lights. I bought some splitters from here http://www.speeddemonlights.com/harn...rness-end.html They work great and let me run all 4 lights off of one switch.

I also picked up a gauge pod from a guy on facebook who was taking the time to custom build and paint them. I plan on installing an oil pressure gauge and transmission temp gauge. I want this done right and the wiring and install to look as close to OEM so im waiting on doing anything until i have everything all planned out. However i do have the pod installed, gives me a nice view of the airbag behind it!

I also did do an muffler delete, i'm getting the pipe extended this week so that the plastic on the bumper doesn't melt.
    Here's a clip, i think it sounds decent, not ricy at all.

Is this with the i5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Like Nothing Else"
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyjohn460 View Post
    Is this with the i5?

No this is the v8.
    -2008 H3 Alpha-RIP

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Luis, you and your damn girlfriend Hillary, need to stay the hell off this thread.

8^)

cgalpha08, thank you so much for starting this thread back up again.

2010 H3 Adventure
    Pro Comp 6079 Alloys (17x9), 1079 Beadlock Rings, 12.50 X 35 Good Year MTR's W/K
    Leveled, Rock Rails/U-Steps, SMA Brush Guard, KC Slim Lites, SG II, Rad-1, Magellan 1700 GPS, Midland Comm

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gunner_45 For This Useful Post:

cgalpha08 (08-12-2016)

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cgalpha08 View Post
    No this is the v8.
    Should've paid attention to the name. Alpha
    Nice! I was thinking about doing this myself. How loud is it mashed in the throttle? Are you planning on running it out the rest of the way under the bumper?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Babyjohn460 For This Useful Post:

jphh20 (08-13-2016)

"Like Nothing Else"
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyjohn460 View Post
    Should've paid attention to the name. Alpha
    Nice! I was thinking about doing this myself. How loud is it mashed in the throttle? Are you planning on running it out the rest of the way under the bumper?

Haha. and yes i did have a shop extend the pipe. its really not that loud, especially with it pumping out behind the bumper like it should. It has the loudest drone at 3500-4k rpms. At full throttle, the engine wine is louder than the exhaust lol.
    -2008 H3 Alpha-RIP

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cgalpha08 For This Useful Post:

Babyjohn460 (08-13-2016)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 H3 View Post
    Crate 5.3 installed in your alpha?
    Yep. Lost a rod and was burning oil. Cheaper to replace than rebuild. $3200 for a new crate with my take out as a core.
    1998 H1 Open Top
    1994 H1 HMC4
    1992 H1 HMC4 LE

KJ6JCC

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Finally got around to putting my OutfitterDesign HD Tie-Rods on. Didn't notice that one of my stock rods had a slight bend until I looked carefully at the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images   

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,056 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Sucks to hear but glad it's back up and running
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA D70 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, hybrid cage, Warn 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

"H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous

El Diablo
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,415 Times in 1,710 Posts
    Thanks CG for starting this up again. All I did was get it washed yesterday and drive it about 60 miles around town. And pulled out some of the tools that had been sitting in there since the last run.

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Used her today today to pickup supplies for our bathroom renovation. Roof rack is great for sheets of plywood and drywall.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Think I have a BCM trying to die. Dash lights and ignition doing wierd things.
    1998 H1 Open Top
    1994 H1 HMC4
    1992 H1 HMC4 LE

KJ6JCC

Low Profile
    Thanks
    I bought a house and finally had a garage to put her in.
    2008 Black H3, 295/75R-16's, AirDoc, more to come.
    Now taking suggestions on driving lights, shocks, and phone mounts.
    http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/foru...e_view&id=4727

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life."
    -Leonard L. Church