• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

amrg

Try the head unit switched wire, i tapped into that for bluetooth audio. I think it was a black wire but dont take my word for it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

08H3

Another road trip! Back to Gatlinburg and GSMNP. Had a good time, and as always had to stop at Krispy Kreme. Love them and the nearest ones to me are Detroit and Columbus, both about 200 miles away. Not going to admit I've made the drive before just to get a hot dozen! :)
H32110.jpg

Last edited:

fowlken8

Need to do a custom BCM flash. You change one bit in the system calibration file. It's a flag that tells the BCM whether or not to send fault messages to the cluster.

did you do this yourself? Would you consider doing this as a service? Charge us $50 and we pay shipping? haha

08H3

Parked in a parking garage. Yeah...I know ordinarily not that exciting, but every garage in downtown Cincinnati was 6' 8". Makes driving through in a 6'7" Hummer every bit as nerve wracking as the tightest trail you can find!

PXL_20211031_184137343.jpg

Korby7

I’m also getting ready for a Thorparts rear bumper. The Jeep trend locally is a spare delete kit with the license plate mounted to it. Beings how they don’t have them for the H3, I’ve started fabbing one today. I’ll post again when it’s done.
I’m still on the fence about how it looks without the spare but figure someone might want it if I end up going back. Thanks for posting where you got yours in your build. If I put the spare back I’ll definitely go for the same setup. I like the integrated brake light.48A41CC2-3812-4607-90ED-DCDE47134E3F.jpeg

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I've never been a fan of the spare tire delete, perhaps because I've cut too many tires off road. I've probably swapped in the spare five or six times now. IIRC, a few members were using baking pans to do a simple delete and cover. However, that rear vent does serve a purpose and it would be ideal to see it still be effective even if covered up.

JPaul

If going to a swing out tire carrier I'd build a cover for the vent to keep it clean looking but still permit airflow through the vent.

Thinking about it, I think if I can ever get around to building a new rear bumper with a swingout I'll go with a split swingout so that I can be sure to clear the tongue jack on my car hauler. My 35" tire hits it now so I can't open the rear door all the way, and I don't think a single swingout would have enough clearance for the arm either.

Gpcalero

More Updates:

More updates on the built LS3 swap in my thread:

Installed an Improved Racing billet adaptor. This allows me to run engine oil from the block directly, to a oil cooler AND has it's own thermostat of 212 degrees F in the billet adaptor. Pretty cool. Ran it to a 10-row engine oil cooler and moved my biga$$ trans cooler to the rear like a few of you guys did recently.

aZf6ufa.jpg

fh2qO8s.jpg

New fan controller and fans on the 40k Tru-Cool in the rear. In-line thermostat turns on fans at 175 degrees. Keeps it 160-185 degrees.

MwtDqeU.jpg

And finally, how she sits now. Was able to put 500 miles on her and break the engine in. Removed the break-in oil and changed to it's for-life synthetic blend oil. Now that everything is done, we can move on to the final tuning process. Can't wait!

oj5VdfP.jpg

Last edited:

Korby7

I still don’t know about the looks or the idea of not carrying a spare. Need to add bolt lights for the plate and may add a switchable backup light above the plate IF I keep it. Air gaps on the sides and bottom for ventilation.
71D8E0D9-C3F4-478D-AB68-12C1129D5F42.jpeg

Korby7

Looks really good! Do you have any more pics of the bracket you welded on? Also nice ADA sticker! :)

Thanks Acer4LO. Cardano has made me a lot of money this year.:)
Bracket is 1/4” wall 2” square tubing bolted to the bumper before installing the bumper and then tacked in place with 1/4” gussets, unbolted and removed bumper for full weld. Should be stronger than the passenger side.
I love how cleanly Thorparts stuff installs. So well engineered.

DAE42E24-908E-41B2-B625-280FC10556FF.jpeg
A2CFDA08-B683-4237-A364-BB2D166274EA.jpeg

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Thanks Acer4LO. Cardano has made me a lot of money this year.:)
Bracket is 1/4” wall 2” square tubing bolted to the bumper before installing the bumper and then tacked in place with 1/4” gussets, unbolted and removed bumper for full weld. Should be stronger than the passenger side.
I love how cleanly Thorparts stuff installs. So well engineered.

View attachment 28020
View attachment 28019
Korby7,

For the placement, did you bolt it to the bumper first, then bolt the bumper on and then tack it into place to get the right placement?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Korby7

I did bolt it to the bumper before putting the bumper on, tacked it to the frame / hitch bracket and then unbolted and removed the bumper for a full weld.

Last edited: