• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

amrg

The bcm im honestly keeping, I have 2 H3s and my friend has 1, and all 3 of them have sun roofs! The local dealer here doesnt stock parts and they always have to order from the states. Add to that , they dont have the parts catalog for the SA model to reference!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jeff V.

:bb:

H3CE-clearance-lights.jpg

Didn't pay anywhere near the going rate for them either. :D

MtnArmor

Nice how to video, but I'm disappointed that you didn't get the anti seize all over, your supposed to get some on your finger so for the next 3 days you can find it everywhere!!

MtnArmor

Wasn't sure which topic to post this in, but being used for anything you need to keep secured, figured I would post here. Upgraded my safe in the H3, parking at remote trail heads for extended periods of time, its nice to know your valuables are going to take more than a window break and a run off for a thief to get. My smaller safe was so limited on space, this will be nice. Added some lighting and she fits like a glove in the back of the H3. Will update photos when I get my covering cut to accommodate this one. Hornady large, smaller of the two choices, usually can find on sale for $250.

safe1mod.jpgsafe2mod.jpg

Last edited:

MtnArmor

That looks nice. What's to keep the stuff on the bottom from sliding around though?

Velcro on the bottom of almost everything (very small piece works, sticks to the safe lining), and if its metal I use the gun magnet mounts. Hearing protection and tablet is only thing without a securing point.

JPaul

Just got rear ended for the third time in the H3's lifetime. Still undefeated at 3-0. The Thor bumper is awesome!

If it's been the 3rd time then at the least take it into a shop to have them check the frame. While the bumper might look ok the frame is also taking a huge amount of force during the impact.

08H3

If it's been the 3rd time then at the least take it into a shop to have them check the frame. While the bumper might look ok the frame is also taking a huge amount of force during the impact.

Probably good advice. I'll be the first to admit I'm no expert, but I checked things over pretty well. Most severe hit was more than 250k ago, so probably anything from that would have shown up by now. Today's was just a light tap from a Camry. I've probably backed into a tree on the trail harder that the kiss from a Toyota!

SolidusJ

Maybe I am wrong but you would have to run in 4Hi lock right? Wouldn't still send power to the still connected front wheel? Isn't 2wd only achievable with a 2wd TC?

From what I've come up with, something that can be wrong. The actuator unlocks the front diff, yes, the t-case would send power.

But there wouldn't any drag from the front diff b.c its unlocked. Again, I could be all wrong. One of the 355 guys put a Colorado axle tube on a cast iron H3 diff.

Also, the axle tube I pick up is cast iron, so the strength should be the same.

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
I don't think this will achieve any sucesses, unless another type of transfercase is swapped in there. That front driveshaft will still be spinning. 4Hi unlocked will just burn up the transfer. Won't achieve any easily measureable gasmilage saving.

Is there something I'm missing?

SolidusJ

I don't think this will achieve any sucesses, unless another type of transfercase is swapped in there. That front driveshaft will still be spinning. 4Hi unlocked will just burn up the transfer. Won't achieve any easily measureable gasmilage saving.

Is there something I'm missing?

I don't see how the T-case would get burnt out seeing how its only going to spin the front driveshaft just as fast as the rear. This is pretty much going about making it 2WD like the guy that got locking hubs made for his 3.

My T spends more time on the road rather on the trails just because I really don't have a reason to go unless I'm part of a group. If I can pick up a few miles doing this, then why not? Just need a few gaskets, CV seal and a weekend.