• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

amrg

What r the temps without ac? 204 should be normal given the tstat opens up at around 195

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

SolidusJ

What r the temps without ac? 204 should be normal given the tstat opens up at around 195

I usually sit at 199 on a hot day, with the AC on. I've seen the temp reach 212 with me sitting. The fan is kicking on after a few tests.

I can say, the temp drops like a brick with me sitting and reving the engine a few times. At least I know I've done everything possible to keep the engine bay cooler when on the trails.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I gave the T a bath.
18bf4943774256c430de930110974e75.jpg
5f1653f633c00837f29399ab5394b54e.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

amrg

I usually sit at 199 on a hot day, with the AC on. I've seen the temp reach 212 with me sitting. The fan is kicking on after a few tests.

I can say, the temp drops like a brick with me sitting and reving the engine a few times. At least I know I've done everything possible to keep the engine bay cooler when on the trails.
One thing I learned was that venting the hood only helps get the engine bay temps lower, not the radiator. I removed the rubber strip at the back of the hood to achieve that, but making the louver functional is a better idea (the back of the hood is a high pressure zone while the louver area is a low pressure zone, it helps evacuate air from the engine bay at highway speed causing a suction effect behind the radiator which can help it cool better as opposed to air being pushed in at the back of the hood, also causes a dirtier engine bay)

Guerrero

Check my post in this thread about temp problems in the H3!

https://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php/14458-Thermostat-Shim-For-The-I-5

Lauren

Hey everyone :)

Long time, hope everyone is doing well in these crazy times!

I recently did a bit of "de-chroming", fixed a dent in the front skid plate caused by the previous owner, added a brush bar and swapped my nerd bars for some rock slider bars with a step :) What do you think?
Here's a pic from the first day I bought her and a pic from a few days ago..

Before:
before.jpg

After:
after.jpg
after purple lights.jpg

Next step, get some lazed design adapters and upgrade those head & fog lights..

EndeavoredH3

Quick update, the transmission lasted 175,900 miles and it very rough the last 200 miles getting to work and to the tow rig.
H3 Getting Towed.jpg
Along with leaving myself a message I installed a beefy transmission cooler with fans.
H3 Trans Cooler.jpg

H3 Trans Cooler Installed.png

H3 Trans Cooler Installed.png
Here Again.jpg

amrg

Where did you get those steps and for how much if you mind me asking?

amrg

Fabbed up a diff drop using 1" body mount pucks and a 0.25" thick washer as spacers for the front side mounts and using steel plates for the rear cross member drop. Added a steel block to the inside of the stock frame mounting point so it doesnt collapse inwards when the bolts are tightened.

290ada3afb96b39bc9f3f767f66f8f04.jpg
c7a1ba66f2fd4f8ac07d7b0d29f36489.jpg
ecd6553f0c07ba43b050601ecef1e940.jpg

The total drop was 1.25" upfront, 1" at the rear. C.V. angles are much better but still not flat (Im leveled to 23.25")
I had to bend the skid plate on a press and trim it to clear the diff at certain areas

JPaul

Interesting idea. How is the clearance between the lower arm and the axle when fully compressed? You do lose some front clearance though with that drop. Are you going to get new skids made for it so that you don't catch it on anything?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

amrg

Still using the oem skids, had to mod them to work but they fit

rascole

THOR parts bumper mod.

The front push bar was bolt on and vibrated a lot with the Hi Lift mounted to it so we welded it. Added 1/2" thick angle iron to the rear bumper and sub frame to be able to add the drivers side D ring.
20200613_144459 a.jpg
20200613_144542.jpg
20200613_144734.jpg
20200617_164818.jpg

08H3

Lots of camping. Went to Indiana Dunes SP with my parents and sister for a few days. Nice park...if you could get rid of some of the people. Illinois is still on lockdown, so half of Chicago was here camping. Camped the weekend and it was a little more my to my liking. Just me, my wife, daughter, and the the deer and coyote.
1.jpg2.jpg