• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

cowboy_tech

After playing with my new 35's at RAM Off-road park in Colorado Springs, my H3 developed a slight ticking noise. It increased with speed and not RPM so I knew it was front drivetrain, but not that noticable.

Two weeks later, after running Hackett Gulch, the noise is very pronounced and sounding grumpy. If it is my front diff on my 08 Alpha, is it worth getting rebuilt or should do a SAS.

Decisions decisions....
7a576e193be504d5af6d58fc0f3dc87b.jpg

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Chopped off the muffler
Painted the hood grill black
Finished my sub install.

Oh and did the third brake light mod, cost $24 bucks lol

Last edited:

3rdH3

Changed F&R Differential Oil, Crankcase Oil and Transfer Case Fluid. Getting Transmission Fluid Exchange today. Alternate between Drop and Drain and Exchange. I change the Crankcase Oil every 4K and the others every 30K.

H3V8

51a4be75f93d14a6d3f66692b16e0da7.jpg

Installed the daystar body lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you had done the day star lift first, would you have had the rocky road sliders off-set to fit more snug with the body? Or do you like them as they are now (for ease of standing on or whatever)?

awalsh

If you had done the day star lift first, would you have had the rocky road sliders off-set to fit more snug with the body? Or do you like them as they are now (for ease of standing on or whatever)?

I found the sliders on Craigslist from a past forum member who sold his h3 who only a few minutes from my house, otherwise I probably would have had them offset. But with that being said I am still extremely happy with the way it looks and it honestly makes the sliders more accessible as a place to stand on, especially when I'm loading things onto the roof rack. To be honest I don't ever come close to bouncing off rocks on the trails so I am happier with them being a bit offset!
849517a576ccd2205967608fa210fdbf.jpg

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
What is the third brake light mod? Mine is not working and I refuse to pay $200 for a replacement

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I did this:
http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?6364-Hummer-H3-Third-Tail-Light-Repair-Mod

Mistake I made was grinding the old components off too hard, left me with a rough surface, but still works, especially since you end up clamping the strips in there. Im sure some led strips are narrower and might fit better, i just used ones from autozone, spliced them together, then spliced them to the wiring harness in the H3. Soldered and heat shrunk all of my connections

Acer4LO

Or you could go with a $15 to $20 Light from amazon. Mine already had it when I bought it, but I had the pleasure of wiring it up since the prevoius owner didn't bother.

i-fSV6262-X3.jpg

rascole

Decided to drop the headliner to do a better fix for the sunroof drains, silicone and zip tie should keep it from leaking. Added a full size USB power plug behind the rearview mirror to power dash cam/trail cam.

20180518_150712 (1280x622).jpg
20180518_150632 (1280x622).jpg

Panzer07

Decided to drop the headliner to do a better fix for the sunroof drains, silicone and zip tie should keep it from leaking. Added a full size USB power plug behind the rearview mirror to power dash cam/trail cam.

View attachment 23674
View attachment 23675
Make sure u great the rails and oil the plastic chain with some off road motorcycles chain lube. The moon roof is gonna love u for it...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Panzer07

Drop down pretty much most of my drive train to track an engine oil leak...I basically pinned it to be q bad engine crankshaft rear seal...but I can seem to find the original GM part for it. I have this number from the seal itself I pulled but it comes up as a Ford f250 seal (12579715). I also found this other part number (BS 40705) which looks like what I need but isn't made by ac delco...anyone has encounter this issue before with their engines.
0ed12845a7662e644e8314fc8244adc9.jpg
417e115684ee2be34718ea5c787bb238.jpg
4aa370fa757a070f863c3d6ceaf00d4d.jpg
ac1a7ab6e3abf8f2cf6bea223af06bbf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

lsv_palana

Hello dear friends !

As you know, 2 years ago i bought and installed hi clearance tuned leaf spring mounts by Schwarttzy.. two week ago i go goose hunting on my hummer h3. it is 700 km serious off-road where no one lives. after 400 km i have noticed that my leaf spring mount BROKEN IN HALF ! Thank god i have sattelite phone and i can call for help !

here is a photo. as you can see it was NOT welded well ! So i live 3 days in car waited for my friend with power source and weld apparatus. He come to me and weld this mount, so i can continue my way for hunting...

I need answers from Schwarttzy ! i paid a lot of money for that spring mounts. my life was in danger because i can not move with this fault... no one around me in 400 km.. i have a lot of spare parts with me, but i did not think that leaf mounts can broke !

if anyone know how to write to Schwarttzy directly please let me know.. thank you...
d8a2d1ff6642d74aef4ae2b15363fb4a.jpg
3fa4f78a9f838397cea5a0d4e00cd00a.jpg
300fecf4830e8e43910620a9dd95bcef.jpg
224f303582f2883837b41e5bdaaf42e8.jpg

Отправлено с моего SM-N950F через Tapatalk

Traxx

Unfortunately that is why I never bought anything from him. His welds all look like garbage, you have very little penetration there for something that is supposed to support the weight of a vehicle.

Hello dear friends !

As you know, 2 years ago i bought and installed hi clearance tuned leaf spring mounts by Schwarttzy.. two week ago i go goose hunting on my hummer h3. it is 700 km serious off-road where no one lives. after 400 km i have noticed that my leaf spring mount BROKEN IN HALF ! Thank god i have sattelite phone and i can call for help !

here is a photo. as you can see it was NOT welded well ! So i live 3 days in car waited for my friend with power source and weld apparatus. He come to me and weld this mount, so i can continue my way for hunting...

I need answers from Schwarttzy ! i paid a lot of money for that spring mounts. my life was in danger because i can not move with this fault... no one around me in 400 km.. i have a lot of spare parts with me, but i did not think that leaf mounts can broke !

if anyone know how to write to Schwarttzy directly please let me know.. thank you...
d8a2d1ff6642d74aef4ae2b15363fb4a.jpg
3fa4f78a9f838397cea5a0d4e00cd00a.jpg
300fecf4830e8e43910620a9dd95bcef.jpg
224f303582f2883837b41e5bdaaf42e8.jpg

lsv_palana

No ! they welded .. look on picture please - so you can see weld only on top of mount.. no weld on back side where spring ... moun broken in half on bad weld.. look on picture..

High Five H2

Unfortunately that is why I never bought anything from him. His welds all look like garbage, you have very little penetration there for something that is supposed to support the weight of a vehicle.

I agree. I wasn’t all that happy with the rock sliders and skid plates I bought. I had to grind off a lot of extra weld and the skid plates had a very strange mounting system.

Korby7

Unfortunate. You must wheel the crap out of yours or just got a bad one. I bought mine around the same time along with his extended shackles and purchased skid plates from him as well. Every thing has held up to mudding, washboard roads, high speed whoops, jumps and crawling in Moab. I’m sure if you reach out to him on his website he’ll take good care of you.

JPaul

So there's definitely something odd going on here.

If you look at this post you'll see the raw unassembled bracket which shows it to be bent steel:
http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/for...af-Spring-Mounts&p=89297&viewfull=1#post89297

However, towards the end of the thread there's this pic from RamRod which definitely has it looking like it was welded from two pieces of steel, you can see the bleed through from the weld inside the trough of the bracket where the spring goes:
http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/for...-Spring-Mounts&p=218568&viewfull=1#post218568

Something isn't right, because no where in that thread did I see anything showing or indicating that he switched to a two piece for the main bracket.

JPaul

And this post here with ABNTROOP's video if you watch the video you can clearly see the weld:
http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/for...-Spring-Mounts&p=186802&viewfull=1#post186802

That's really disappointing to see. Something like that should never be welded together, especially at a point of such high stress and repetitive flexing (despite how much you torque the bolts down, that bracket IS going to flex). If you are going to weld it, then it needs to be done be someone with the right tools and a lot of experience.

The question arises as to why the change? If the cost was too high for the price point he wanted to set, then he should just raise the price point and explain why they are so much. If it was a manufacturing issue, then that needs to be addressed in other ways. This is a critical part and having it break like that is not just an inconvenience but also a safety hazard. What if that happened at 65mph down a highway? Guaranteed it would have ended very, very badly. LSV is lucky he had a satphone, something like that would've been pretty darn hard to limp home with, and probably impossible depending on the terrain.

rascole

Now I can see where it looks like it is welded, but completely different weld then the rest of the mount. Could it chitty import steel that stressed too much being cold bent?