Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211
Results 3,151 to 3,162 of 3162
    Low Profile
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gpcalero View Post
    Hey Oscar.

No I didn't replace my valve body. it looked perfect when we pulled it apart. I know how difficult it is to get one of these so I was kina hesitant to permanently modify it for performance lol but here we are.

Hey Gpcalero

Its ok, yes, part number for 2008 H3 alpha is discontinued, I am going to test the previous part number #19209028 and comment if its valid for our alphas, the part is arriving to my home so in one or two weeks I will comment how it goes!!

Maybe we at the end have a replacement part for our valve bodies

About Headers I will post soon! They need to be adapted in the driver side and adapt both catalytic pipes on both sides to accomodate it, even need to bend a little the body of the hummer to accomodate the o2 sensor on passenger side
    My problem right now is with the contact between Headers and cylinder head, the design from JBA is horrible, is not a flat plate. So right now i am welding the primaries from outside and later going to flatten the plate for best contact using stock gaskets

Soon exhaust and tranny will be ready

P.D: What is discontinued and I really want to have is the Oem roof marker lights, impossible to find....

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Hey Gpcalero

Its ok, yes, part number for 2008 H3 alpha is discontinued, I am going to test the previous part number #19209028 and comment if its valid for our alphas, the part is arriving to my home so in one or two weeks I will comment how it goes!!

Maybe we at the end have a replacement part for our valve bodies

About Headers I will post soon! They need to be adapted in the driver side and adapt both catalytic pipes on both sides to accomodate it, even need to bend a little the body of the hummer to accomodate the o2 sensor on passenger side
    My problem right now is with the contact between Headers and cylinder head, the design from JBA is horrible, is not a flat plate. So right now i am welding the primaries from outside and later going to flatten the plate for best contact using stock gaskets

Soon exhaust and tranny will be ready

P.D: What is discontinued and I really want to have is the Oem roof marker lights, impossible to find....
    Well good luck! I hope it works for you. What is wrong with your existing valve body?

Also, I have just started to work on the headers myself. I'm not too happy with the flanges like you. Apparently they call it a "raised port design" to promote sealing. Blahhh. Looks like garbage to me to be honest. I got new OEM gaskets and using copper rtv to make sure it gets sealed.

Keep looking for the roof marker lights. You may be able to buy them from a parts/wreck-yard off of a totaled H3/H3T.
    @Gpcalero Instagram photos and videos

>>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<<

'09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

- Rancho 4" Lift Kit, Texas Speed 212/218 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Auxiliary Gas Tank, Matte Black "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear Airbags, LS3 Swap in Progress...

SOLD --- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gpcalero For This Useful Post:

Guerrero (07-23-2021)

Baja

Thanks
    Going back to an OEM GM Factory radiator since the CSF is leaking, again. I figure now is the perfect time to hot-swap a camshaft in there. I'll already have the old radiator out of the way. So I bought the SUM-8718R1 cam! https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-8718R1 With a tiny bit of luck, this camshaft should help the 5.3 V8 hold 4th gear better while towing at 75mph. I don't plan on changing anything on the heads. Although, I would like to modify the heads. I'm going to hold off for now and make that a future project. The future plan is to ship the heads to be 5-axis CNC ported and polished to help the engine breathe better. I've seen places claiming to increase the flow rate up to 40%. Also, at the same time also decking, honing, valve job, and checking to see if it's possible to run larger valves in those heads. I'm excited to install a potentionally serious engine power modification!

Schwarttzy.com - Off-Road Parts, Manuals, and More!

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarttzy View Post
    Going back to an OEM GM Factory radiator since the CSF is leaking, again. I figure now is the perfect time to hot-swap a camshaft in there. I'll already have the old radiator out of the way. So I bought the SUM-8718R1 cam! https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-8718R1 With a tiny bit of luck, this camshaft should help the 5.3 V8 hold 4th gear better while towing at 75mph. I don't plan on changing anything on the heads. Although, I would like to modify the heads. I'm going to hold off for now and make that a future project. The future plan is to ship the heads to be 5-axis CNC ported and polished to help the engine breathe better. I've seen places claiming to increase the flow rate up to 40%. Also, at the same time also decking, honing, valve job, and checking to see if it's possible to run larger valves in those heads. I'm excited to install a potentionally serious engine power modification!

Nice!!

I cam swapped my 5.3 and loved it. I really wanted the same end goal as you, to be able to tow better at highway speeds. I used the TSP truck cam which is a little bigger, and it helped some by adding 51 hp and even gains from 1200 rpm up. But still, towing a car at highway speeds/75 mph, it still left some power to be desired, I was disappointed lol (hence the 6.2 swap). Love the sound though. Have you re-geared the diffs to 4.56? That will absolutely give you more towing performance than the 20-ish hp that cam will provide. That's on my list of items to do.

I also see that you don't want to change things on the heads, but while you're in that area, it wouldn't be a bad idea to change the valve springs and valve seals for the new cam. The LS6 springs are budget friendly.

One more thing, that cam you are looking at is a 3-bolt design so you will have to switch over from our 1-bolt cam. I recommend the BTR kit that includes a new tensioner, new cam gear and arp bolts. Grab a new timing chain while you're at it.

- Rancho 4" Lift Kit, Texas Speed 212/218 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Auxiliary Gas Tank, Matte Black "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear Airbags, LS3 Swap in Progress...

- 295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.

Baja

Thanks
    Nice!!

I cam swapped my 5.3 and loved it. I really wanted the same end goal as you, to be able to tow better at highway speeds. I used the TSP truck cam which is a little bigger, and it helped some by adding 51 hp and even gains from 1200 rpm up. But still, towing a car at highway speeds/75 mph, it still left some power to be desired, I was disappointed lol (hence the 6.2 swap). Love the sound though. Have you re-geared the diffs to 4.56? That will absolutely give you more towing performance than the 20-ish hp that cam will provide. That's on my list of items to do.

I also see that you don't want to change things on the heads, but while you're in that area, it wouldn't be a bad idea to change the valve springs and valve seals for the new cam. The LS6 springs are budget friendly.

One more thing, that cam you are looking at is a 3-bolt design so you will have to switch over from our 1-bolt cam. I recommend the BTR kit that includes a new tensioner, new cam gear and arp bolts. Grab a new timing chain while you're at it.
    I want to change things on the heads, but i'm going to wait a bit before I do upgrade the heads. I haven't gotten to serious about re gearing yet. Although, my next project, before fall is to put a TrueTrack in the front differential.

Baja

Thanks
    Got the ARP Bolts, camshaft thrust plate, and Cam gear NAL-12586481 already. I didn't get a new tensioner, from all the videos and what not I have seen any replacing them.

Low Profile
    Thanks
    I want to change things on the heads, but i'm going to wait a bit before I do upgrade the heads. I haven't gotten to serious about re gearing yet. Although, my next project, before fall is to put a TrueTrack in the front differential.
    Got the ARP Bolts, camshaft thrust plate, and Cam gear NAL-12586481 already. I didn't get a new tensioner, from all the videos and what not I have seen any replacing them.

Yes that would be great! I'm waiting for Outfitter Design to finish up their Dana 50 front swap kits completed. One day, I'm sure they'll be available lol (I know they are quite busy). And hopefully works with a Rancho.

Awesome, yeah you don't NEED the new tensioner, I just got the kit from BTR that had everything. Their tensioner, surprisingly, is much simpler and not sure how it's better than our stock units lol. Good luck with the cam swap buddy

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Mounted the LS3 engine and built trans w/ the JBA shorty headers.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gpcalero For This Useful Post:

Guerrero (07-23-2021), Schwarttzy (07-26-2021)

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Well good luck! I hope it works for you. What is wrong with your existing valve body?

Also, I have just started to work on the headers myself. I'm not too happy with the flanges like you. Apparently they call it a "raised port design" to promote sealing. Blahhh. Looks like garbage to me to be honest. I got new OEM gaskets and using copper rtv to make sure it gets sealed.

Keep looking for the roof marker lights. You may be able to buy them from a parts/wreck-yard off of a totaled H3/H3T.
    Hey man!

About the valve body nothing is wrong yet, I can feel the shift not being smoth and when that happens I refurbish everything hidraucally, the Hummer has 136000 miles on stock tranny, so I want to replace everything in the valve body area with new parts...I made that to my previous H3 2006 when tranny started acting strange shifting and after that refurbish the tranny was like new, super strong and runs another 30000 miles of abuse before selling the truck one month ago, so I will go the same route with this on the alpha (sad that the speed sensor do not allow me to replace the boost valve in the pump from the pan, I need to remove the oil pump to change it with sonnax 4l60e-lb2 booster valve (awesome difference)

About headers yes, the design is completely garbage, I TIG welded the primaries from outside and machining the flange right now to assure a flatten surface to seal with stock gasket, more money to put on these because of design, but well I am a difficult person too if something is not the way I like in my truck I am never happy jaja

Yes! keep looking at roof marker lights but see prices completely crazy! 1000 dollars for a set sold in facebook yesterday....

"Like Nothing Else"
    Thanks
    Installed a switch pros 9100 switch panel. Well I did all the wiring and hooked it up. I haven't hard mounted the switch panel itself in the cab yet, but it all works!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv||SAS/SOA
    -2008 H3 Alpha-RIP

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cgalpha08 For This Useful Post:

Schwarttzy (07-26-2021)

Baja
    Thanks
    Road trip from Indiana to Florida that I started calling "Cornfield to Coast '21". Thanks to Covid, we really didn't go on any long trips last year. Guess we are making up for it. Won't be a low mileage one owner for much longer at this rate!
    Name:  PXL_20210725_160628410.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  2.51 MB
    Name:  GH010329_1626574136571_exported_33.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  1.36 MB
    Last edited by 08H3; 07-25-2021 at 11:09 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 08H3 For This Useful Post:

Schwarttzy (07-27-2021)

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Went wheeling at Kansas Rocks this weekend. Old truck didn't miss a beat.

Name:  KRRP-072021-sm.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  897.6 KB

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff V. For This Useful Post:

Schwarttzy (07-26-2021)