• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

Bruces

Mine has same issue, only get hot air if its not on max cold. Took it in for the recall thinking it was related and would all be solved, but it wasn’t.

Other comment I had is that the AC now blows air louder than it did before the recall, I was told that the new resistor is larger to disperse more heat, and that its located in the vent, which means the air has less space to pass through, therefore causing the louder blowing sound.

It doesn’t make much sense though, if I have the heater on, wouldn’t that work against cooling down the resistor?
Plus up until then I was pretty sure the part they replaced was closer to the 12v outlet near the bottom on the console, and not inside the vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
after recall mine blows harder not louder. Think original resister was not allowing fan to run full speed.

chaos254

Finally got around to installing my new head unit, 8" android touchscreen. This thing is awesome! Still have to hook up my backup camera
42446d29e0aa380c4f16008f12dec97d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

H3slate

Brush raked
Have you looked at your Front diff mounts? There is one on each side of the diff and one on the back by the driveline. When they go bad, you will hear a popping sound and can feel vibration in either the pedals or steering wheel. Look for separation of the rubber on the mounts.

Back to real life now.

i took my base 06 out to public lands by my house to verify if my CV was making noise or something else. It’s the first time I have done anything with 4wd since my purchase a couple months ago. I didnt have any luck on locating the intermittent popping sound I get, but I came away impressed with the abilities it has in stock form with no locker.
Decent flex and 31s actually got me a bit further than I expected.

B.N.Z.MTNS

Have you looked at your Front diff mounts? There is one on each side of the diff and one on the back by the driveline. When they go bad, you will hear a popping sound and can feel vibration in either the pedals or steering wheel. Look for separation of the rubber on the mounts.

The previous owner told me that they had that problem about a year ago and ended up replacing the entire crossmember with mounts and all. I passively looked at the mounts last week and nothing seemed out of place or deteriorated, but maybe I’ll look closer again... skid plates are still off the rig anyway.

Funny though, since taking it out last week to stretch and flex a bit, I haven’t heard the sound anymore. It was random anyway and seemed to coincide with the rotations of the wheels... but nothing for a week now, and it’s a daily driver.

Thanks for the input though. I’ll look a bit closer at all of the drivetrain mounts to see if anything looks suspect.

5gn-h3t

Did my third t-case today! I bought a high mileage, but otherwise nice and clean '06 that the previous owner couldn't afford to fix. He was also getting terrible fuel economy. That happens when you don't have 4-HI open!

chaos254

Very nice, looks great. Is this hooked up to a Monsoon setup? How’s the audio quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I used the gmos04 adapter so everything works great. Audio quality is good, only installed it yesterday so I can update later if anything changes

RamRod

Finally got around to installing my new head unit, 8" android touchscreen. This thing is awesome! Still have to hook up my backup camera
42446d29e0aa380c4f16008f12dec97d.jpg

I have been wording about those units, the Bluetooth is acting up on my current double din setup and I am just waiting for it to kick the bucket

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Picked up the H3 from the dealer, everything works now. One of the dome light fixtures is physically broken, so a new one has been orders, otherwise it all works!

FYI BCM replacement and reprogramming (atleast at my dealer) was $842, just to give others an idea of what it would cost.

The funny thing is that they left a note in the vehicle offering me 20k for the H3, that made me laugh lol.

H3V8

Picked up the H3 from the dealer, everything works now. One of the dome light fixtures is physically broken, so a new one has been orders, otherwise it all works!

FYI BCM replacement and reprogramming (atleast at my dealer) was $842, just to give others an idea of what it would cost.

The funny thing is that they left a note in the vehicle offering me 20k for the H3, that made me laugh lol.

Had to go to the local Chevy dealership for the 100k maintenance about 6 months ago and they did the same thing. Note saying they would buy it off me for $20k also lol. Is this a thing?

RamRod

I get asked every time I go into the dealership for service and the dealership I bought it from originally sends me letters and calls me saying they have a buyer looking for one.....

Alpha X

I get asked every time I go into the dealership for service and the dealership I bought it from originally sends me letters and calls me saying they have a buyer looking for one.....

Not long ago I drove the H3T to the Chevy dealer, parked right in front. I asked the salesperson about driving a ZR2 to replace my daily driver Silverado. He said "Are you ready to trade that Hummer in? I've got people looking for one"... I replied "Well that depends on how many ZR2's you're going to give me". He didn't really see the humor in that.

chaos254

Some more pics of the radio. Overall I really like it, my only issue has been with Bluetooth music skipping, weird because it worked great the first day. This really isn't an issue for me since I run a hotspot and run Pandora/YouTube etc on the headunit. Bluetooth calling is great, no skips or connection issues.
c992b8c8d087cd2db806496a9a14c1f2.jpg
002a8a9b1dad13fda6cf70a3b72a93c5.jpg
8e33bf1db06649efeba775095095b67d.jpg

RamRod

Found some black heated leader seats for $370 that will be installed later on in the year to keep the wife happy!

dcfcb7c127fa33ff0fc5845f8410fb66.jpg

amrg

Not to my H3, but someone elses H3

Thats Humvee in the picture
1c2eb2616678d39751738a32d91b16b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Traxx

I'd love to have a chat with the GM engineer who thought it would be a great idea to have the microphone right above the drivers lap, which is usually where water goes first when your drains clog up. Nothing like a cup of near frozen water dumped on your willy first thing in the morning. Fun times. I'll be fixing the front drains pronto.

atvspeed4

I'd love to have a chat with the GM engineer who thought it would be a great idea to have the microphone right above the drivers lap, which is usually where water goes first when your drains clog up. Nothing like a cup of near frozen water dumped on your willy first thing in the morning. Fun times. I'll be fixing the front drains pronto.
I've had that happen twice on different H3s definitely ruins your day lol

RamRod

My LED turn signals looked too blingy after I installed the dark STARR HID's so I picked up some vinyl tint and darkened them a smidge.

I am very happy with the result!
71b322cc198350adbe4ef6ce2c3c16e8.jpg
61161c34683d29484aee47a0850971bd.jpg
caf3555e92ead9561f8b50cce255a58d.jpg
f9601f7154bbac919bc9c6e5e34ff489.jpg