• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

USMC_315

Working on the steering, not paying attention, snapped the passenger mirror on the way into the garage

[emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you able to pop it back into place? About 4 or 5 years ago my passenger got ripped off in a car wash, hung by the wires, and I was able to snap it back on. Lasted a long while after that, I only just replaced it early last year or the year prior cause it wouldn't sit still at highway speeds

USMC_315

Had the starter replaced yesterday, was struggling pretty hard for the past few months and I almost got stranded at my local Cabela's. Also, the seal around the sunroof was replaced, but the Chevy dealership didn't adhere it to the glass so it fell off when I opened it up over the weekend. Taking that back and I should finally be done with my leak issue... *knock on wood*. Saving up to redo my rear suspension, going to replace the leaf springs (with EMU's), shocks, bushings, and bump stops. My rear end is sagging more than a thug's jeans since none of it has ever been replaced and I'm at about 115k miles. Thinking about moving down to 33's on my next set of tires and uncranking the torsion bar, I'm sick of the trash ride lately. However, my poor ride comfort my just be due to a worn out rear suspension and rocking Mud Grapplers. I guess we'll see how it feels once the rear suspension is refreshed

Bowser-II

Nope, the plastic screw bosses all shattered on the front shell.

I might try a patch job for the next few weeks and then pick up a new used assembly from car-parts.

Bowser-II

Had a day trip in the GWNF with USMC315 and Wanavee.

Perfect weather, empty trails, good fun. I only took a few photos, some are below. We finished at Reddish Knob, great view all around and the clouds and sunbeams were nearly surreal.

USMC315 has decided that lockers are in fact all they are cracked up to be,and I suspect is now saving his pennies.

I did some trail clean up, mostly bottles and cans till you get up to Flagpole, which was filthy and nasty. Broken tables, buckets, hand wipes laying everywhere. People can be nasty and I simply ran out of room to carry more trash out.

c4b035680b6c2ac2aa1211ccd826d5e0.jpg

ff26a20335f677f5b612fb185f8409b7.jpg

7c73eb8523d50e9061c0cca32a64c4a3.jpg

WANNAVEE

It was a good day. :thumbs:
I made a quick-build sleeping platform and camped out in the H3 Monday and Tuesday nights and came home today since it was a bit much for me to do a day trip.

Last edited:

USMC_315

Had a fun day trip yesterday with Bowser-II and WANNAVEE. Got a few videos and some pics on the trip. Sad to see how poorly this trail has been treated just since my previous trip up here last summer.

USMC315 has decided that lockers are in fact all they are cracked up to be,and I suspect is now saving his pennies.

Yeah, that's gonna be a summer thing hopefully.

Here's a video and a cool picture I got on our trip. The photo was at Reddish Knob, which I highly recommend visiting if you're ever in the area.

[video=youtube_share;o5sDhappD8o]https://youtu.be/o5sDhappD8o[/video]

IMG_0804.JPG

WANNAVEE

Thanks for the vid!

I feel like I might have been able to make that obstacle if I tried a different angle, but I could be wrong. Having several hundred pounds of gear loaded up inside didn't help. :giggle: That's okay, I didn't want to waste too much time.

WANNAVEE

Did either of you guys almost get hit by those Civics headed up the one-lane road to Reddish Knob? One of them almost creamed me because he was flying around a blind corner. Hopefully that got him to slow down since you guys probably weren't far behind!

USMC_315

Did either of you guys almost get hit by those Civics headed up the one-lane road to Reddish Knob? One of them almost creamed me because he was flying around a blind corner. Hopefully that got him to slow down since you guys probably weren't far behind!

They must've slowed down considerably after passing you because they both pulled off to the side for me when I was heading down. Good thing it didn't end in a collision

WANNAVEE

Awesome. Glad they learned quick! I would hope so because obviously a slammed Civic would not have come out on top in that matchup, heh.

H3Trex

Been working in some of the basics for my H3T to include this ARB compressor. 3C2A608D-4573-423C-B483-4C542218B33C.jpegE710F3EF-EBFF-474B-8C24-93C5E8126C1B.jpeg
The outlet goes to a 2.5 gal tank that I’ve mounted on the bed rack. What a difference in airing back up!

H3Trex

I’m sad I missed this trip. Great pic and vid! Keep me in mind for any future plans. I’m here in Silver Spring Maryland and always happy to get out of the swamp to VA or WV!