• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Well might as well start this thread again, so post up! If you have old info you want to save in here, throw it in here! If the old thread is resurrected then please delete this one!

Ill start:

This past March, i traded in my daily for a new daily. My old daily was an 01 suburban with 110XXX miles, which isn't bad however everything underneath was rusted to hell. The rear pinion bearing gave out completely and almost grenaded the rear diff. The tech at the dealer said he pulled out a handful of metal from the diff. Needless to say they were willing to give me on trade in what i was expecting to get, even with the pending repair. So I snagged a nice 2015 silverado extended cab, matching color too!
my%20cars_zpsuseepyye.jpg

I had the BA bumper and rock rails blasted and coated in line-x platinum/premium, whichever one is their highest quality spray, to ensure it won't fade from UV rays.

20160426_161545_zps6z0nz4zq.jpg

Snapchat-9106653221830425405_zpsgdrwdmdc.jpg

I also threw on the engo 10k-s winch that has been sitting in my closet for 3 years. Installing this bumper by yourself is not the easiest thing to do, but doable.

Snapchat-7129376856260629660_zpsc9jf2mct.jpg

I also took off my old offroad lights that weren't working and the old wiring atrocity that they were hooked up to.
Old wires :whaa:
Snapchat-7410121200019073287_zpszth3rl0c.jpg

New lights are KC pro sport gravity leds (spot beam), led wiring harnesses are so simple its stupid. I used only 1 harness even though its 2 set of lights. I bought some splitters from here http://www.speeddemonlights.com/harness-splitter-1-dt-light-end-2-dt-harness-end.html They work great and let me run all 4 lights off of one switch.

20160412_214600_zps9ocggzv6.jpg

I also picked up a gauge pod from a guy on facebook who was taking the time to custom build and paint them. I plan on installing an oil pressure gauge and transmission temp gauge. I want this done right and the wiring and install to look as close to OEM so im waiting on doing anything until i have everything all planned out. However i do have the pod installed, gives me a nice view of the airbag behind it!:thumbs:

Snapchat-2741453205491199390_zps84hbdume.jpg

I also did do an muffler delete, i'm getting the pipe extended this week so that the plastic on the bumper doesn't melt.
Here's a clip, i think it sounds decent, not ricy at all.

[video=youtube;HzH137zeEos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzH137zeEos[/video]

Babyjohn460

Well might as well start this thread again, so post up! If you have old info you want to save in here, throw it in here! If the old thread is resurrected then please delete this one!

Ill start:

This past March, i traded in my daily for a new daily. My old daily was an 01 suburban with 110XXX miles, which isn't bad however everything underneath was rusted to hell. The rear pinion bearing gave out completely and almost grenaded the rear diff. The tech at the dealer said he pulled out a handful of metal from the diff. Needless to say they were willing to give me on trade in what i was expecting to get, even with the pending repair. So I snagged a nice 2015 silverado extended cab, matching color too!
my%20cars_zpsuseepyye.jpg

I had the BA bumper and rock rails blasted and coated in line-x platinum/premium, whichever one is their highest quality spray, to ensure it won't fade from UV rays.

20160426_161545_zps6z0nz4zq.jpg

Snapchat-9106653221830425405_zpsgdrwdmdc.jpg

I also threw on the engo 10k-s winch that has been sitting in my closet for 3 years. Installing this bumper by yourself is not the easiest thing to do, but doable.

Snapchat-7129376856260629660_zpsc9jf2mct.jpg

I also took off my old offroad lights that weren't working and the old wiring atrocity that they were hooked up to.
Old wires :whaa:
Snapchat-7410121200019073287_zpszth3rl0c.jpg

New lights are KC pro sport gravity leds (spot beam), led wiring harnesses are so simple its stupid. I used only 1 harness even though its 2 set of lights. I bought some splitters from here http://www.speeddemonlights.com/harness-splitter-1-dt-light-end-2-dt-harness-end.html They work great and let me run all 4 lights off of one switch.

20160412_214600_zps9ocggzv6.jpg

I also picked up a gauge pod from a guy on facebook who was taking the time to custom build and paint them. I plan on installing an oil pressure gauge and transmission temp gauge. I want this done right and the wiring and install to look as close to OEM so im waiting on doing anything until i have everything all planned out. However i do have the pod installed, gives me a nice view of the airbag behind it!:thumbs:

Snapchat-2741453205491199390_zps84hbdume.jpg

I also did do an muffler delete, i'm getting the pipe extended this week so that the plastic on the bumper doesn't melt.
Here's a clip, i think it sounds decent, not ricy at all.

[video=youtube;HzH137zeEos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzH137zeEos[/video]

Is this with the i5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Luis, you and your damn girlfriend Hillary, need to stay the hell off this thread.

8^)

cgalpha08, thank you so much for starting this thread back up again.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Should've paid attention to the name. Alpha [emoji849]
Nice! I was thinking about doing this myself. How loud is it mashed in the throttle? Are you planning on running it out the rest of the way under the bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. and yes i did have a shop extend the pipe. its really not that loud, especially with it pumping out behind the bumper like it should. It has the loudest drone at 3500-4k rpms. At full throttle, the engine wine is louder than the exhaust lol.

Vdawg1115

Finally got around to putting my OutfitterDesign HD Tie-Rods on. Didn't notice that one of my stock rods had a slight bend until I looked carefully at the pic
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    762.8 KB · Views: 17,704
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    755.1 KB · Views: 7,336

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Thanks CG for starting this up again. All I did was get it washed yesterday and drive it about 60 miles around town. And pulled out some of the tools that had been sitting in there since the last run.