• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

Enter Hummer

Today was the first try at using my poor man lockers (brakes) on a big rock that I tried before, but flexed out on. Went home and read about using the brakes as lockers and tried it today and... SUCESS! I love open diffs :)

found this puddle on the way out :shifty:

Image 10.jpg

deserth3

Replaced my front differential cross member today. There are now only 2 left in Utah. Then backorder, which I think will never get filled.
Keeping my old one and will send it in for a refurb when I can.

Bowser-II

Today was the first try at using my poor man lockers (brakes) on a big rock that I tried before, but flexed out on. Went home and read about using the brakes as lockers and tried it today and... SUCESS! I love open diffs :)

found this puddle on the way out :shifty:

View attachment 22549

I assume you mean something like left foot braking to manage tire spin?

This helps in some situations like snow water and mud on a hill but does not substitute for real lockers when you need traction because of limited articulation.

We used left and right brakes on my dad's the old tractor for traction when pulling logs and rocks in the rain or pulling sleds up the driveway in the winter, and 'improving' the turning radius. [emoji849]

Those were fun days, and then about three years ago he went bought a four wheel drive tractor with a real, bonafied bucket. Not as fun, but more efficient. I guess that's the reasoning.

-edit-. Nice pic by the way, a good epic splash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghostbuster

The curse of the leaking radiator strikes again.

I ordered on of those cheap all aluminum radiators from Amazon.

I'm also going to get new hoses and clamps.

In the mean time, I did get my headlights to work. But I was just in traffic and I saw one flashing... its not supposed to flash or strobe. This has happened before. Just a piece of ****.

It looks cool when it works though. Lol

a620fc797e3573721b0ff6a3fd488448.jpg
57b3953d2dae5b78ec1c13dd97f862e0.jpg

rascole

Replaced my front differential cross member today. There are now only 2 left in Utah. Then backorder, which I think will never get filled.
Keeping my old one and will send it in for a refurb when I can.
Why not send it back for them to rebuild for the next customer?

deserth3

Why not send it back for them to rebuild for the next customer?
Because the one I bought was new from GM. I got one of 3 left in all of utah. Then it's back order with no available date. Meaning GM can very well not make anymore.
I'll get my old one rebuilt in due time. But it will be my spare.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rascole

Because the one I bought was new from GM. I got one of 3 left in all of utah. Then it's back order with no available date. Meaning GM can very well not make anymore.
I'll get my old one rebuilt in due time. But this one will be my spare

Thought you were referring to the Scorpworks mount.

deserth3

Picked up one of these silly old things, finally.

View attachment 22557
The directions show the bar overlapping the rubber at the top of the windshield. Dip your self a favor and put the front edge above the rubber.
If out overlaps the rubber they will have to remove out to replace the windshield. When they put out back on theywill over torque the rivet nuts and you will be screwed the next windshield install. And they will deny any wrong doing.
The rivet nuts you get tight. The screws that go into them are 30 inch pounds with blue lock tight. Make sure you use a INCH torque wrench on them

High Five H2

I just listed my H3 for sale :'(

Also, I changed the front brakes and did it without taking the calipers off. So, just FYI: just take the pins out and use a screwdriver or something to compress the pistons. Take the old pads out, pop the new ones in and put the pins back in. You're done.

Traxx

Rivnuts get tack welded so I can actually drill a bolt out later if necessary. I do all the work on a windshield swap and just have them bring the glass and glue/drop it in the hole when I am ready. Not really a difficult job and I certainly take a lot more care than the average glass guy ever would.

Not even sure if I will install them. Looking for a nice super low mile H3 next year to keep bone stock for road trips and might just save them for that one instead.

The directions show the bar overlapping the rubber at the top of the windshield. Dip your self a favor and put the front edge above the rubber.
If out overlaps the rubber they will have to remove out to replace the windshield. When they put out back on theywill over torque the rivet nuts and you will be screwed the next windshield install. And they will deny any wrong doing.
The rivet nuts you get tight. The screws that go into them are 30 inch pounds with blue lock tight. Make sure you use a INCH torque wrench on them

awalsh

c261a8d7f6342ee0efd2be3171925363.jpg

Changed passenger axle seal since it was leaking a bit. Big learning experience ripping apart my suspension. Honestly not as hard as I thought, a proper torque wrench helped tons also. Will be doing an oil change and adding gear oil to the dif in the morning

Lewiz VenomH3

Changed passenger axle seal since it was leaking a bit. Big learning experience ripping apart my suspension. Honestly not as hard as I thought, a proper torque wrench helped tons also. Will be doing an oil change and adding gear oil to the dif in the morning

Yup. I had to do that to mine aswell. Unfortunately i think i tore the driver side seal when i replaced them so now its leaking and have to replace again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

awalsh

Yup. I had to do that to mine aswell. Unfortunately i think i tore the driver side seal when i replaced them so now its leaking and have to replace again.

That sucks lol your taking about the cv boot or the seal? Because my seals were very hard and looked like they couldn't rip

Lewiz VenomH3

That sucks lol your taking about the cv boot or the seal? Because my seals were very hard and looked like they couldn't rip

The seals. I guess there's a tool that guide the cv shafts slide in with out tearing the seals.

mjferencak

I'm happy to see you put your tire under your truck in case the truck falls off the stands. I also do this and stress to guys to do the same. My dad drilled it into my head after a deuce and half fell on him in German breaking his leg.

awalsh

I'm happy to see you put your tire under your truck in case the truck falls off the stands. I also do this and stress to guys to do the same. My dad drilled it into my head after a deuce and half fell on him in German breaking his leg.

Yeah it's been a habit of mine ever since I read a thread a year or 2 ago stressing this

In response to my snorkel, rugged ridge jeep jk snorkel, read my build thread for more info