• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

cbetts

NERD!!!
Picked up a package in Santa Ana this morning.
rG578RR4AlVfNu_Xlk8JMcoITuQDi0aXvZNwxG3LR5UdOqMeKzLzUyw0GpACPp_LVLDP6PkXTvlQZ-_QTTjghkL1ViZi7erdnEF56LliT65zWtHs6somTEVvOmSa2C0T_NnuqamZak8EiWxKRJThFcjww9Wh73DVraHWy9wzaM8-WM6zuFHPPFAwhKg7v6nkeXEEEuxkeEjUr-hpXr190FfVmVmwszHe6mZrQaVssWoUdiVJOn2kcfY1sRnvzQy0ry4RqYOYkMkomEkdj58fjf_7Ury9QJtQtYM_BAkRoaUAEfzjo3tpMoz-_WQ3s7Q7elNQSSDwP1I2utkXecpKhF2V720yj1QuV2S1lnhSk3u15Ji8v6iCkFZjwQL_fx_y3o9Eqn1p4jBEf5NLEWeCqQK5ELp3gztYg6hVaXUxo8gZT73q8BdO_rK89JmrC0INkWxiNEMIdTYHsRfcSLS6CBTQvxAw-q_CC9h4JWrHlrE0qRDYXR4zhjctjcWWrY3YN9tma9JWKOxPUcLNNBx8xxx95y1NZrog6g7yUqdJgDOsPoe4vYRPxBo8XWJTu0Ij4VuOsqH3-GS_qCkGrASpoJiMrycVkxLEJLgdIPrijc374gZfTA=w1561-h878-no

excited.gif

Ghostbuster

First gear totally stripped out of my H3... New transmission rebuild kit on its way. Stage 4 PATC Raptor transmission kit.

So since you are getting an upgraded rebuild kit... Does that mean you are keeping the H3?

How many miles are on it?

I know I've got some ticking time bombs under my floor board...

GreatDaneHummer

It only has 81k miles on it. Yes after rebuilding EVERYTHING except the motor itself there is no reason to get rid of it for a very long time. I will just buy a 3rd vehicle next year.

Cash9300

I feel your pain GreatDaneHummer mines been at the transmission shop for a week to be rebuilt it's driving me crazy not having the 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreatDaneHummer

I am using Underground Autosports in IL for the rebuild, they are doing it in 4 days and charging 13.1 hours of labor at $90 so not too bad I feel. At least I know they can do it right the first time...

amrg

Mechanic told me my trans will need to be rebuilt. Bummer as I still havent done 500 miles with this engine and I was planning to do a 6 speed swap next summer. So rebuild for now.

Any link for the trans rebuild stuff? I need to order quality parts and I have no clue whats the good stuff!

Cash9300

Jerry's transmission in Lebanon va is doing mine $850 parts and labor his shop has a good reputation. They've just been out of the shop a lot the last week because of family problems which i completely understand.

GreatDaneHummer

$850 parts and labor is not right my friend... even cheap ass parts for a full rebuild is more than $800 not including labor? Maybe if he is only replacing first gear and a servo motor but no way a full rebuild can cost that cheap.

Cash9300

3rd and 4th are being replaced with oem parts and it's a little country shop he's just got a better reputation then anyone else

GreatDaneHummer

If its not one thing its another... now my dual batteries wont keep a charge. Ran it for 30 min all is good for about 4 hours then dead again... I really have had it with this truck already. Its one thing after another.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
If its not one thing its another... now my dual batteries wont keep a charge. Ran it for 30 min all is good for about 4 hours then dead again... I really have had it with this truck already. Its one thing after another.

If your single battery always worked sounds like an electrical issue after install

Panzer07

I'm on the look out for an ARB Front bumper if anybody comes across any leads for one I'd appreciate preferably one here somewhere in California but some of the locals neighbor states could be consider as well. Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I'm on the look out for an ARB Front bumper if anybody comes across any leads for one I'd appreciate preferably one here somewhere in California but some of the locals neighbor states could be consider as well. Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Best 4x4 is selling his
http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?11700-H3-Parts-amp-Accessories

Its in TX, its a bumper bumper swap tho, not sure if that will work with your camo bumper.

rascole

That is a lot of battery to drain in only 4 hours. Something big is pulling power, is your winch wired to the battery? A stereo amp gone bad?

JPaul

Fixed blower issue.

Why it melted ?

It probably melted due to excessive resistance on the connection causing the contacts to heat up. If you don't size the terminals correctly or properly design them to have sufficiently large enough contact patches to keep resistance low enough it'll cause them to heat up and fail.

I haven't seen the replacement harness from GM but I'm hoping that they used a better designed contact to cut down the resistance heating at the connection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk