• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

Shrubf4

Found out today that my transmission is starting to slip, so I get to find out tomorrow how much that will be.
Should be fun.

amrg

Found out today that my transmission is starting to slip, so I get to find out tomorrow how much that will be.
Should be fun.
Good luck! I have a trans not shifting to 2nd or 4th, getting that diagnosed too!

Cash9300

Mines heading to the trans shop Friday morning to get rebuilt 3rd and 4th are gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrubf4

Whoooo!
Tranny issues.... wait.

Mine is scheduled to go in Monday. Whatever happens, it'll still be less than whatever the dealership was going to charge.

Cash9300

Dealership said a grand to start trans shop I found with the best reputation said 850 out the door so it's a lot better

jacobharris84

ce41528f8983b0b497704ea7722137a5.jpg

ca045cc55590eb7d142082ebcdcd650a.jpg

Finally leveled!

GreatDaneHummer

Running Poughkeepsie Gulch, California Pass, Engineer Pass, Imogene Pass, Cinnamon Pass and a few others out here in Colorado. Going on week 2 of off roading!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Hummer H3 rear.jpg
    Hummer H3 rear.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 2,955

Cowboy

Bought a cascading roof top tent in February. Really love it. Created a slid in rack into tie down brackets in bed. Added a set of rotopaks on one side and traction boards mounted on the other. Made the back of the rack extend a bit over the tailgate and plated with sheet metal. It now holds 3 plastic ammo boxes. Super easy access for tree strap and shackles ( for pulling jeeps out). I tied into wiring harness at third brake light and installed a third brake light on rack, a set of LED's into cargo light circut and a cigarette lighter port under shelf for my fridge/ freezer. I also threaded a pair of wires into tent with some flexible LED strips and a lamp cord switch.

System works really well and with a 4 pin flat connector on top of cab, I can slide the whole thing out in 10 minutes. Very happy with result.

I think I will weld some chain links onto slide part of rack for some tie down points and maybe convert cigarette lighter to Anderson ports.
d31d690583c545c5c7902ce4a8d5e830.jpg
fa5a2fd60ade3fea131df1563d4c59b8.jpg
bfc95bb177ad46bb7b7dd24091dfcf97.jpg
a89094404d65dca8144e481feb6a7253.jpg

Can't make it through the day? Back up, and get a run at it!

Ghostbuster

Washed it, quick spray wax job, and put some tire shine on. I also touched up a few spots on the plastidipped wheels.
80a3a99756566c8c0eb6b9c4210cf3c3.jpg

That Meguiar's tire shine makes those 7 year old tires with 67k miles on them look pretty good.
231e2650a273fe2d6eb84470e7b4d258.jpg

Bowser-II

Recently it's been mostly maintenance and a little fun and a little work.

- New plugs
- New air filter (again)
- Cleaned throttle body and piping
- Washed and vacuumed (including the engine bay)
- Transmission flush at the dealer with a good coupon
- AC blower motor failed right before vacation, dealer replaced it under the recall
- Fan harness under recall (again)
- Bought a trailer, and towed a bunch of stuff to the Outer Banks NC for vacation
- Did some driving on the beach, highest I've seen the temps go...

Bowser II

2010 H3 I5 Adventure,
black and 'almost' no chrome

1DIRTYH3

Finally took the time to get rid of the dreaded whistle/drone from light bar by adding plastic door edging to fins. It might be the best thing I have done to the H3 and my sanity, lol!

Traxx

Changed the diffs and t-case fluids. Ordered a Defender rack and some light bars and a Uniden 980 which should be entertaining to try and make fit in a single din slot. Need to decide if I want to do simple round switches or chop the coin tray out of the console for some Contura rockers.

USMC_TOP

Test drove a 2008 H2 SUT awesome ride and great power. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on it. Wife wants me to keep the 3 for her to drive in the winter so I'll have 2 Hummers........:) anyway this H2 has the rear air suspension with a button on the dash. Do you have to adjust it on the dash when you put a heavy trailer on or is it automatic? If it's automatic why the button? If anyone knows I appreciate the info.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been a long time but mine would level the truck automatically. The button was so if you got hung up on a rock or ledge you could hit the button and pick up another inch or two of clearance.

Babyjohn460

Convinced my service manager to get an H3 instead of a 4-door Wrangler. [emoji1303] He picked up an 07 with the i5. It has a sunroof & power but cloth seats and no monsoon. Base with a sunroof??

Bowser-II

Convinced my service manager to get an H3 instead of a 4-door Wrangler. [emoji1303] He picked up an 07 with the i5. It has a sunroof & power but cloth seats and no monsoon. Base with a sunroof??

Yep, my first one was an '09 base, sunroof, with the five speed manual. Man I miss that truck.... [emoji26]

Bowser II

2010 H3 I5 Adventure,

Bowser-II

H3-Hummer-Optima-Battery-8042-218-D75-25-Red-Top-1200x680.jpg

Battery went bad, pulled that plastic box and put a Optima Battery 8042-218 D75/25 Red Top in it's place.
Man it's nice to see another dirty engine bay. I swear it just ain't worth the effort more than once a year or right before Pebble Beach...

Oh wait, yeah, not showing there!

Bowser II

2010 H3 I5 Adventure,