Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 205 of 206 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206 LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3084
    Bald Tire
    Thanks
    dang... u-haul let you rent that?
    i remember them trying to deny me a rental to tow a camaro with my 1/2 ton GMC - trying to say the truck wasn't rated high enough.

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zebra View Post
    i remember them trying to deny me a rental to tow a camaro with my 1/2 ton GMC - trying to say the truck wasn't rated high enough.
    lmao yes. I've rented them a few times with the H3T already for when I can't use my buddy's trailer. Haven't had an issue yet. Maybe they don't have the H3T Alpha towing specs in their system?
    Last edited by Gpcalero; 01-15-2021 at 01:47 PM.
    @Gpcalero Instagram photos and videos

>>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<<

'09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

- Rancho 4" Lift Kit, Texas Speed 212/218 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Auxiliary Gas Tank, Matte Black "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear Airbags, LS3 Swap in Progress...

SOLD --- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.

Low Profile
    Thanks
    I ran into similar problems, it seems no one told them that 1/2 ton tow capacities have significantly increased since 1980.

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy p View Post
    Reading your posts makes me feel fortunate that most of my parts arrive in 1 or 2 days with free shipping.
    Yeah and $50 to fedex 2 axle seals aint cheap either!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    06 H3, Birch White, Lux , Cooper AT3 35s, Borla Performance Cat-back, Bilsteins front w/ 1/2" extended stops, Hunner sleeve, Air Doc w/ K&N filter, Oem Roof lights, 55W HID Headlights and 35W Fog lights.

09 H3 V8, Arctic Silver, LS376/480 Conversion, 3000 stall, Custom E-fans, 37" KM3 tires, XD Rockstar Wheels 17x9, OEM Sliders, 40K External Trans Cooler, Bilstein 5160s front 5100 rear, O.D. Steering Bracket, 2" Body Lift, Custom Exhaust, Custom intake pipe & K&N filter, Custom PCM tune, Pioneer DVD unit, Aurora 40" LED Light Bar, 50 W HID Headlights

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gpcalero View Post
    lmao yes. I've rented them a few times with the H3T already for when I can't use my buddy's trailer. Haven't had an issue yet. Maybe they don't have the H3T Alpha towing specs in their system?
    speaking of... has that B&W aluminum drop ball really been worth the coin?
    i got a $60 amazon special that does the job, but 1) is a little rattly, 2) is still about 1-2" too high, and 3) sticks out a few inches farther - making my chains a little tighter than i care for.

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amrg View Post
    Yeah and $50 to fedex 2 axle seals aint cheap either!

I feel your pain with finding parts! Not even looking for a decent price just literally finding the part haha!
    I'm just waiting for some stuff to come over from Rock Auto..

But usually I find various parts on Amazon or Desert Cart or there's a place here called New York Auto Spare Parts LLC, they've usually got pretty much everything GM and AC Delco. Not sure if they'll ship to Qatar but thought if they do then it's gotta be cheaper than shipping from the US!

If you want to check them out, their Instagram is @newyorkauto
    Email Address: nyapshj@newyorkautogroupco.com
    Or I've got a whatsapp number if you want it..
    2009 H3 Alpha

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Ill take a look and see, but not optimistic given there are no travel betweem here and the UAE, yet. But thanks

06 H3, Birch White, Lux , Cooper AT3 35s, Borla Performance Cat-back, Bilsteins front w/ 1/2" extended stops, Hunner sleeve, Air Doc w/ K&N filter, Oem Roof lights, 55W HID Headlights and 35W Fog lights.

09 H3 V8, Arctic Silver, LS376/480 Conversion, 3000 stall, Custom E-fans, 37" KM3 tires, XD Rockstar Wheels 17x9, OEM Sliders, 40K External Trans Cooler, Bilstein 5160s front 5100 rear, O.D. Steering Bracket, 2" Body Lift, Custom Exhaust, Custom intake pipe & K&N filter, Custom PCM tune, Pioneer DVD unit, Aurora 40" LED Light Bar, 50 W HID Headlights

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Ill take a look and see, but not optimistic given there are no travel betweem here and the UAE, yet. But thanks

Sure, no worries!
    Yeah I know, I just kinda thought even if there's a tiny chance it might be worth it
    2009 H3 Alpha

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    You know ive been monitoring dubbizle for some time trying to find a rancho lifted H3 that could possibly come for sale (havent found any). One thing I realized though was that most H3s in UAE came with lockers, none in Qatar

Low Profile
    Thanks
    You know ive been monitoring dubbizle for some time trying to find a rancho lifted H3 that could possibly come for sale (havent found any). One thing I realized though was that most H3s in UAE came with lockers, none in Qatar

Ahh yeah me too, but I've never really seen any "crazy" lifted H3's here (meaning more than just a torsion bar crank) they're mainly stock... even in the "UAE Hummer Group" where they've customized their cars, it's mainly H1's & 2's..
    Yeah there's a good balance of lockers/ no lockers etc over here... The V8 engine is the unicorn.. & the H3T. Took forever to find my V8 so I had to make the choice.. V8 engine but base or I5 with lockers with OEM Off Road lights etc.... engine won
    It's ridiculous how many people here think that all H3's are V6 engines.. I'm talking about owners, not just randomers haha! Like seriously dude open the hood and look at what is in your car!

You guys have more V8's in Qatar, right?
    2009 H3 Alpha

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    According to the service tech 10 years ago, 50 Alphas were imported to the UAE and Qatar. Not sure if 50 each or total, but Ive only seen less than 10 other Alphas during the past 10 years.
    As for the crazy mods, none were done here. All stock and mostly bling. Being different I get stopped often and my truck isnt really a look at me truck. Im sure if more people did 35s and a crank my truck would stand out less.
    I noticed on dubbizle that the H2s are lifted, thats why was hoping that maybe one guy in the UAE bought a rancho lift for his H3. I am also looking for bumpers (i know there is 1 BA bumper in the UAE but that owner last posted in 2013), ARB is too heavy @160 lbs and was looking for a locked front axle to upgrade my gearing to 4.56 but will settle for an unlocked aluminum that I got here for almost nothing.
    Probably once the border opens illcontact the junkyards there to see what they have!
    And yea diffenetly the V6 thing. Its a misconception. I mean how many 5 cylinder driven cars do you know off? Given the size of the H3 a 4.2L V6 from a trailblazer would make sense, not a 3.5L I5. A heavier truck needs a bigger engine, not smaller. But yeah
    Last edited by amrg; 01-18-2021 at 04:31 AM.

Low Profile
    Thanks
    According to the service tech 10 years ago, 50 Alphas were imported to the UAE and Qatar. Not sure if 50 each or total, but Ive only seen less than 10 other Alphas during the past 10 years.
    As for the crazy mods, none were done here. All stock and mostly bling. Being different I get stopped often and my truck isnt really a look at me truck. Im sure if more people did 35s and a crank my truck would stand out less.
    I noticed on dubbizle that the H2s are lifted, thats why was hoping that maybe one guy in the UAE bought a rancho lift for his H3. I am also looking for bumpers (i know there is 1 BA bumper in the UAE but that owner last posted in 2013), ARB is too heavy @160 lbs and was looking for a locked front axle to upgrade my gearing to 4.56 but will settle for an unlocked aluminum that I got here for almost nothing.
    Probably once the border opens illcontact the junkyards there to see what they have!
    And yea diffenetly the V6 thing. Its a misconception. I mean how many 5 cylinder driven cars do you know off? Given the size of the H3 a 4.2L V6 from a trailblazer would make sense, not a 3.5L I5. A heavier truck needs a bigger engine, not smaller. But yeah

Oh that's interesting! Maybe it was 50 in total because, like you, in the last 3 years (where I've been super focused on the H3's) I've only seen a total of 3 other Alphas, 1 in the sand on the side of the road and 2 on dubizzle (Orange one not so long ago in super good condition & a dark green one last year) I went to see the dark green one because it actually had lockers etc on it plus I was renewing a lot on my car so thought it could be a good idea but it had been totally trashed in the desert, transmission screwed, everything in the engine bay had been played with and ruined, leaks everywhere.. it was a sad day.

Anyway, yeah I think its easier to get the accessories and parts for the H2 here compared to the H3
    I haven't seen any bumpers etc here I wanted to change mine but not sure what to replace it with..
    There is a huge graveyard here though and a huge section is dedicated to Hummer, so I'm sure they will have lockers etc in there somewhere... I went there the other day with my boyfriend. But the problem is they know what everything is worth so they increase the prices -_- so gotta do a lot of negotiating haha!

Oh yeah definitely, a V6 would have been much better than the I5 but its just always hilarious that not many people know what engine is in their own vehicle haha!
    2009 H3 Alpha

Low Profile
    Thanks
    speaking of... has that B&W aluminum drop ball really been worth the coin?
    i got a $60 amazon special that does the job, but 1) is a little rattly, 2) is still about 1-2" too high, and 3) sticks out a few inches farther - making my chains a little tighter than i care for.
    Well... I'm sure you can find something cheaper that does as good of a job as this one. But it's an Andersen 10" drop hitch. The hitch receiver location on the truck is high in general, plus the Rancho lift kit made it higher still. -- I ran into the same problem you had, but with a 6" drop, was still too high lol.

I like it, looks good works good and can switch the ball in 30 secs. Mine rattles if I go over a speed bump but doesn't rattle in general. You could always buy an anti rattle kit on Amazon or one of those plastic sleeve deals. Only issue I don't like is the lip on the truck's chain hookup is fat and sometimes it makes the chain short if i have to loop it through and hook on the chain itself. If not, then they are usually fine in length.

Hope that helps!
    @Gpcalero Instagram photos and videos

>>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<<

'09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

- Rancho 4" Lift Kit, Texas Speed 212/218 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Auxiliary Gas Tank, Matte Black "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear Airbags, LS3 Swap in Progress...

SOLD --- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.

"Like Nothing Else"
    Thanks
    Setup up a ram tough track in the daystar caddy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv||SAS/SOA
    -2008 H3 Alpha-RIP

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    the Trailblazer 4.2 was also inline - literally the H3 engine with an extra cylinder.
    you might've been thinking of the old 4.3 v6, which was a 350SBC minus 2 cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpcalero View Post
    Well... I'm sure you can find something cheaper that does as good of a job as this one. But it's an Andersen 10" drop hitch. The hitch receiver location on the truck is high in general, plus the Rancho lift kit made it higher still. -- I ran into the same problem you had, but with a 6" drop, was still too high lol.

I like it, looks good works good and can switch the ball in 30 secs. Mine rattles if I go over a speed bump but doesn't rattle in general. You could always buy an anti rattle kit on Amazon or one of those plastic sleeve deals. Only issue I don't like is the lip on the truck's chain hookup is fat and sometimes it makes the chain short if i have to loop it through and hook on the chain itself. If not, then they are usually fine in length.

Hope that helps!
    it does; thanks. i'll have to check out the Andersen