• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Big Bear snow run?

Zach

Mall Crawler
Looks like we may not be getting a snow run in this month. Weather forecast is calling possible rain in Big Bear Sunday and the rest of the month clear.

Kurt, we are you planning on heading Sunday?

Sircode13

No I don't mean to intefere with any planned trips, my Dad's in town this weekend and after all these years hes never been out on a trail with me in the H1 [we did Pismo for an hour but that doesn't really count]. I want to go on a short day run Sunday or Monday [Saturday I got to work on the truck and do a few errands] so I figure I might get a small group of 3-4 people going somewhere.

So this is an extra run from the one on the 21st. What time were you planning to start and what time to end. Like I said I have a doctors appointment early Monday morning. To get to Big Bear are you going Crestline or an other way? If it's not too late, I could go if you need somebody to watch each others backs. :D
P.S. Under what heading or thread do the guys list their vehicles for sale. :rolleyes::banghead::beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I got the 21st off. Let me know if anything is set in stone for then, if not you are welcome to join me with a few friends heading to nightmare gulch and LCC.

Kurt

Yeah, i was reading an article last night stating CA may be in for a drought this year due to the lack of mountain snow so far.

As for places to go, it can be anywhere, we could make it a pre-run for big bear next weekend, check out trails around gold mountain or something else up there,

or do Cleghorn or 2N17X. It could be someplace like rowher flats or gorman for a half a day.

I was figuring meeting up Sunday morning at 9am someplace, then run a trail until early/mid afternoon and call it a day [barring technical difficulty].

If there's no takers, I may run either Gorman or Rowher flats solo up north...

Zach

Mall Crawler
As of right now, I am definitely out for a run this weekend. And questionable for next weekend. Truck isn't done yet.

Kurt

Ok, A lot of the burbank guys are either out of town or their trucks are in the shop. It might just be me and Eric in 2 H1's Sunday I'll wait until tomorrow

Kurt

I should have finished that.. I figure I'll just make it a casual trip up to rowher flats, up in Antelope valley, swing up to the dam, do the big hill climb and come down towards Aqua Dolce...

If anyone is interested in a short sunday trip let me know...

JRWid

Looks like I am not going to be able to get away this weekend. Have a great time and see you on the next run.

Kurt

Neither now, most of my local buddies dropped out, so I'll wait for next weekend if there's still a run on Saturday....

I just wanted to do a small local run tomorrow [just 2-3 trucks] but I'll work on my truck instead :)

Zach

Mall Crawler
Well, the storm today went through with no snow. The one coming Monday is suppose to bring at least half a foot with the snow level dropping to 5500 feet. Keep your fingers crossed

Zach

Mall Crawler
Aamco and I are planning on going Sunday 1/29. If anyone wants to meet up with us, as of right now we are planning on meeting at the Discovery Center at 10:00 am.

Nacho

Now with Chese
Aamco and I are planning on going Sunday 1/29. If anyone wants to meet up with us, as of right now we are planning on meeting at the Discovery Center at 10:00 am.

What trails are you planning on running?

sent from my Leapfrog Leappad using Tapatalk

Kurt

I may be up for Sunday, I'll know by friday. I have to drop the truck off to Tustin for a leak, but if the parts not in yet, I'll do my full service on Saturday and repair a light harness and pop up Sunday....

Sircode13

I can't make it, been having Mike look for a short, that blows the fuse which controls the glow plugs and main and auxiliary fuel tanks. Been trying for the last few days. Thought he found it, but nope. I am sure he'll find it though!:banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Zach

Mall Crawler
We were just going to run some of the trails near the end of Gold Mountain. I forget what the specific numbers they are. As it looks we may not have any real snow on the ground but will be nice to get out. If you have anything specific you want to do, we can check that out Kurt.

Kurt

I'll fumble through the atlas, I'll see if anyone in the Burbank crew wants to tag along, nothing crazy a nice scenic run would be nice... might bring a few passengers along...