• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

hummer h3 championship find?

H3slate

Brush raked
Wow! That could be a good deal depending on condition. It does have the front and rear locker, but missing the rock rails and brushguard from the CE edition.

DJW1442

it has the lockers and you can see on picture 13 the 4x4 control with the locker selector buttons. and I checked the carfax on it, and bad news came up. It said it was in a minor rear end accident. However, the air bags did not deploy

woodwardsh3

Look at pictures good that interior is not good, driver seat has a hole and it was in 2 accidents. I dont think it stops well. First oil change was done at Apx. 5600 miles. i think they drove the sh-t out of it and did not take care of it to well.
just my thoughts.

JPaul

If you're talking about the lock icon on the 4x4 control buttons, those just mean that the center differential is locked in that mode. 4 hi unlocked (can drive on pavement without breaking anything), 4 hi center diff locked (only for offroad/loose surfaces like ice/snow/sand/etc), and 4 low center diff locked.

The way to tell if you have just a rear locker or front and rear is when looking at the pic of the stereo you'll see the 4x4 control buttons above it, on the right of that bar instead of seeing the single button for the traction control (car with skid marks), you'll either see a second button with a graphic of the driveline with an "x" in the rear axle (if you only have a rear locker) in addition to the traction control button, or if you have front and rear lockers, you'll have two buttons, one like the first and another that has the "x" on the front axle.

This thread has a post by 4speedfunk that has pics of the two setups: http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?5511-Four-wheel-high-and-locked

Last edited:

SGT-Wright

I would bet money that it is a CE. It has the factory fender flares, red brake calipers, V8, Front and rear lockers, cloth seats, color match grill, and black strip on hood. Only thing missing is front grill guard and rock sliders. Probably took them off to put step bar on. Dirty as hell inside but should clean up. If it is mechanically sound, that is a great price with the mileage. Just go buy some seats from a wreck, or some seat covers!
I would consider buying it now if it was not completely on the opposite corner of the country from me.

sonicstage

If you're talking about the lock icon on the 4x4 control buttons, those just mean that the center differential is locked in that mode. 4 hi unlocked (can drive on pavement without breaking anything), 4 hi center diff locked (only for offroad/loose surfaces like ice/snow/sand/etc), and 4 low center diff locked.

The way to tell if you have just a rear locker or front and rear is when looking at the pic of the stereo you'll see the 4x4 control buttons above it, on the right of that bar instead of seeing the single button for the traction control (car with skid marks), you'll either see a second button with a graphic of the driveline with an "x" in the rear axle (if you only have a rear locker) in addition to the traction control button, or if you have front and rear lockers, you'll have two buttons, one like the first and another that has the "x" on the front axle.

This thread has a post by 4speedfunk that has pics of the two setups: http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?5511-Four-wheel-high-and-locked

Dammit I got super excited thinking I had lockers but I don't have that button on the center console however my H3 proved to be a beast and I'm so fortunate to have my truck thanks for the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Love the dealer's notes: "[FONT=&quot] MULTI FUNCTION STEERING WHEELS" [/FONT]Does that mean it has more than one wheel? Is the mult-function in that it turns left AND right? How about the "[FONT=&quot]*MULTI-ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL"[/FONT]?

CEs didn't come with the Monsoon system?

I couldn't buy this one with the lack of care and the two accidents.

BW_Hummer H3

I believe some CEs came with Monsoon system.

But yeah this one looks rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghostbuster

This one has had a minor fender bender with a Nissan Sentra. Carfax says "very minor" but carfax does list what looks to be two identical accidents on the report.

Dealer wants like $12,990. They will take less than that.

For the right price and after a thorough inspection. That might make a nice rig for someone.

BIGFRY77

I personally would never buy a vehicle from Florida... Super hot summers and you see lots of vehicles that people cook the motors in due to lack of maintenance. it looks like it was a family rig that was loaded with kids who destroyed the inside of it. I'd be willing to bet it was ran hard until it needed major repairs and they gave up on it.

Just back away slowly, then turn and run....

650Hawk

Check out the pic of the steering wheel and dash...you can see all the crap on the floor...why wouldn't a dealer at least vacuum the damn thing before taking pictures? I wouldn't touch anything from a dealer like that.

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
I personally would never buy a vehicle from Florida... Super hot summers and you see lots of vehicles that people cook the motors in due to lack of maintenance. it looks like it was a family rig that was loaded with kids who destroyed the inside of it. I'd be willing to bet it was ran hard until it needed major repairs and they gave up on it.

Just back away slowly, then turn and run....

What?? I just moved from Florida to the middle of the freakin' desert in California---I had no idea what hot was until I got here. I was always more concerned about owning a deuce with so many factory holes in the roof in Florida than I ever was about how hot the engine was. It rained all the time there and was stupid humid, but not stupid hot. I now know what stupid hot feels like on the west coast.....

Ghostbuster

842f8c64c16438dced79afcd01823b72.jpg
a12ba6e4a0f98f3190312cca5a85cd54.jpg
49ad98c2fb022389ab0e5938a64c047a.jpg
0559c9c7f40c776f076fc32e69f9f976.jpg