• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Help Starr hid headlight

Ben

Got the light today, luckily no instructions, so after plug everything today which wire should I cut? I remember something about passenger side wire need to be cut? Where can I found instructions online ? Any help would be great
Thanks

Ghostbuster

I heard it was plug and play. No need to cut anything. I mean for the price... It better be plug and play.

Do you have any wires that aren't connected?

Last edited:

Ben

I plugged and played , light doesn't come on, but I got power from fuses that come with harness

Ghostbuster

I would double check all the connections and then call the people at Headlight revolution and politely ask them to email you a copy of the instructions.

Ben

After I got home with only fog light on, I run some test, I checked all the connection was good, I checked hid relay harness,far right top pin off relay has constant 12v, I disconnect the hid connector and plug old headlight bulb back on, no light at all, I turn the high beam on and off I can hear relay clicking dunno it's high/low beam relay or headlight relay, so one of those two factory relay must working, going to check the fuse 40&41 tomorrow and relay, still can't rule out defect @ headlight
and I do shoot headlight revolution an email, hopefully I can fix it tomorrow

Ben

Problem found, I checked factory fuse box fuse box for headlight, both 10A fuse blown, as I replace fuse even switch to bigger fuse, driver side 3 pin headlight connecor which connect to the factory plug after the adapter they provide start smoking, I guess it's dead shot inside or whatever

Traxx

You've got something wired wrong. I've installed two kits, takes an hour, both plug and play.

Ben

Lucky me, I take the pic and email headlight revolution, they said somehow different adaptor and wiring wrong , so I mailed back