• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Nice RV...

JPaul

This was at the gun show in Salt Lake today, only $50K (maybe $60K?) for it. This is an RV done right

jlFKJoR.jpg

o8RvzDM.jpg

5DIB1fJ.jpg

There was also this OshKosh 8x8 for sale there:

4o3BNfV.jpg

Attachments

• 5DIB1fJ.jpg
    5DIB1fJ.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 678

SuperBuickGuy

It's an interesting idea to put a road-RV on a military truck. That said, they do not last long at all, trailers are not designed to handle the torsional loads, branch hits, and just general crap that off-road rigs require. That one, how long do you think the fiberglass side is going to last being downstream of the exhaust stack? and that's just one issue. Compare and contrast to an EarthRoamer.

I'm also curious why they left the second axle on.... nice display piece, but for 60k? no.

JPaul

Was the RV made by plan B supply by chance?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's possible it was Plan B, but they make their own RV boxes from the looks of it. I think this might've been someone else. If it'd been Plan B you'd think they would have brought one of their nice SAR trucks out instead of that.

Good points SuperBuick, I hadn't thought of those. And with just an RV box on the back, a single rear axle would be more than enough, you could save a fair bit of weight and maintenance getting rid of the 2nd axle.

SuperBuickGuy

Still want it though!

I agree with 'want' just not 60k of want. The rig is 10k - 15k at auction. Believe it or not, those aren't a terribly popular choice because they're a towing truck - larger motor, taller gears, harsher suspension, bigger everything - so you have all of the weight, none of the fuel economy (6-7mpg), and poor - comparative - off-road ability. Add a 10k trailer to the top of it and maybe 30k value... or a lot less if you do it yourself

skeptic

I'd rather have an H2/H3 + offroad pop-up trailer. Advantages and disadvantages of course.. A Sportsmobile 4x4 would be another great option, but price is even worse.

SuperBuickGuy

I think this would be a good RV
You and your tiny American cars. I want Russian car
IMG_9394-1.JPG

problem is you don't get the scale with that picture...

IMG_9774-4.jpg

but even there... not so much

how about here.... it's literally bigger then many semi trucks
Amphibious-Russian-Offroad-Vehicle-Aton-Impulse-Viking-2992-1.jpg

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
A lot of rigs like this on the road around here. Don't see them in Forest or BLM campgrounds due to the length. Not my photo from the internet as an example.
Toterman 1.jpg

But here is one that I have seen in the local Walmart parking lot twice now, last year and this year. Probably coming and going from MT. Hard on the eyes...
school%20bus%20blowup_zpsmujmnctu.jpg~original

But for me the ideal would be an Earthroamer....

Kurt

My buddy built a camper/bug out truck out of an M939 and didn't spend anywhere near 60k for it [of course he built it for himself, he didn't have to pay employees or price it for resale :)].

I helped him with his old camper van which he turned around and sold on Pawn Stars [it was the Zombie Van] and used the money to buy the M939.

Once I get some property purchased in the next year or two I want to get an LMTV and turn one of those into a Tactical RV with a trailer to tow my H1.

2010H3TAlpha

Used to be able to buy them on Gov Planet pretty cheap but I am not sure the government is selling them anymore.

They recently stopped, Oshkosh just contracted with the military to modernize all existing HEMTTs, including an upgrade to their newer hybrid powertrain. So when they do get sold, they'll get 30% better mileage but that will probably be a while :(