• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Whining in the Speakers??

USMC_315

Hey guys,

noticed something the other day that's pretty annoying. When the engine is on, I can hear a high freq. whine through the speakers. As I give the truck gas, it gets louder. Quite annoying especially when there is a quiet part in a song, or a pause/break.

I got an aftermarket aux installed a few months back and cannot recall if it has been doing this since before. Anyone ran into this issue before?

cowboy_tech

Noise through the speaker is usually a bad connection to the head unit. It increases with rpm because it's feedback from the alternator.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hunner

Sounds like bad install. Old school fix was to put a "choke" on the DC input. When there was a Radio Shack they sold those, now I guess you can only get a phone! lol

I would go back to the installer.

clickclickboom

Do you have Schwartzy's aux unit? If So, it's a known issue he hides since he doesn't want to answer for it. I had some back and forth with him in his sponsors forum,and he just kept deleting my replies.

I bought this ground loop isolator, and put it inline. It helps, but hasn't eliminated the issue. Basically I now only hear the whine when my phone is plugged in an no music playing. Before the whine was loud enough I could hear it over the music:

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SNI-1-3-5...1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

atvspeed4

Do you have Schwartzy's aux unit? If So, it's a known issue he hides since he doesn't want to answer for it. I had some back and forth with him in his sponsors forum,and he just kept deleting my replies.

I bought this ground loop isolator, and put it inline. It helps, but hasn't eliminated the issue. Basically I now only hear the whine when my phone is plugged in an no music playing. Before the whine was loud enough I could hear it over the music:

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SNI-1-3-5...1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
This has been driving me crazy in our H3 since we installed the aux. Wish there was a solid solution to this issue

clickclickboom

For 8 bucks I think that's the best you're gonna do. If I had it to do over and had an honest vendor I would have saved my money and night a new head unit.

I'd say now that's it's just adequate enough to not bother me most times

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

USMC_315

its a similar install, but not his specifically. do you have the bluetooth or the reg. aux install? I just have a cord run up through my console. I guess I'll get in contact with the guy who did it for me