• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Plasti dip rear cargo side windows?

Stoic Bluejay

I don't find the rear cargo windows overly useful when driving and would like to assist with blocking out anyone looking in. Has anyone plasti dipped the rear cargo side windows? I've used plasti dip rattle canned before so I know if layered well it's easy to come off if I don't like it. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

awalsh

I have 5% tint over all of my windows and 2.5% on the rear window and you cannot see anything through the rear windows especially because they already have 18% stock. Tint is VERY easy to apply to a window that is already tinted from the factory (from experience, it is only tricky on Windows with no tint) and i would recommend you attempt it first before plastidipping it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsc

I made some panels that covered those back windows from prying eyes. I liked it until I realized how much I missed them when trying to back out of a parking spot. They came back off.

Stoic Bluejay

In Illinois we can't have that dark of tint on vehicles however I believe the cargo area would be void of that. I'm thinking it would be much like a panel van etc. I've applied window tint to places in our home for privacy. RSC do you know where I can get panels like that? I have a rear facing camera attached to the rear bumper to assist if needed. Thanks for all the advise as usual.

rsc

RSC do you know where I can get panels like that? I have a rear facing camera attached to the rear bumper to assist if needed. Thanks for all the advise as usual.
They were custom, one-off fabs. I made a paper template of the window shape inside the trim, transferred it to aluminum sheet and trimmed out the final shape with rubber edge seal. Looking at it later, I thought it would be nice to remove the rear windows altogether and replace them with some light aluminum sheet painted to match the body. However, around here nobody stops to let a car back out of a parking stall so I don't know how far around to the sides a rear-view camera would let you see.