Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sponsor
    Thanks

Ridge Demon rock bashers for your H3 and H3T

Base pricing:

Hummer H3T
    PN: RDRBT1099$
    Can be purchased here: http://rdoffroad.com/index.php?optio...d=21&Itemid=51

Hummer H3
    PN: RDRBS 1049$
    Can be purchased here: http://rdoffroad.com/index.php?optio...d=18&Itemid=50

Powder coating cost extra, prices above are for unfinished bashers. Many clients successfully paint their own for next to nothing.
    Shipping it typically 150$ to 200$ for the H3 and 180$ to 250$ for the H3T.

If you are already own a set of Rock Bashers for your Hummer please feel free to use this thread to post up pictures and videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaeDv...el_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjgrX...eature=related

H3 RDRBS
    H3 Rock Bashers are full leanght and do not allow mounting of splash guards as they keep debris off your H3 as they are designed.

H3T RDRBT
    H3T Rock Bashers Photos
    Photo's curiosity of www.cbphoto.com

Lif"T"ed

Thanks
    I always like watching that video...I think I've seen it like 5 times.
    '09 H3T ALPHA

Hammer Down!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 1,002 Posts
    I have set #00001 of RD's/Brodie's Rock Bashers and I can't say enough about how glad & proud I am to have these on my T. They trulay are the strongest slider out there for the H3/H3T. Here's 1 pic of them in action in Moab. I'll try finding some more.

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Superior to the competition

Here a set of H3 rock bashers compared to H3 GM rock sliders

First notice the closed end caps on each. No worry about clogging drain holes with the tubes being sealed on the RD bashers.

The brackets on the GM sliders are a bit under engineered and assembled. Only welded on one side of the most important brackets not only creates a weak mounting point at the tube but it also allows for moisture to find a home. As you can see in the photo's rust has overwhelmed the joint.

Only welding the side of the bracket the top of the bracket where it meets the tube is left open once again allowing moisture to set in and making a smaller area to disperse forces.

RD bashers are welded on both sides of the mounting brackets but also up and over each end.
    We also incorporate a gusset on each mounting bracket widening the impact area across the tube and not just in one small area like the GM sliders.
    GM sliders (and other similar constructed sliders) are know to dent in rite where the mounting bracket meets the tube.
    Our bashers will not dent in like this becase of the way they are constructed.

Size matters!
    The brackets on the GM sliders allow for deflaction on the tube when under stress which in turn weakens the metal over time.
    Going up a size with the steel and having them pressed while hot allows the bashers brackets to have very little deflection.

Hammer Down!
    Thanks
    Found another pic:

Low Profile
    Thanks
    In the mortal words of Paris Hilton those are HOT gotta add that to my Christmas list

All Terrain

Thanks
    I have set #0001s the very first H3 set,Ihave not had the chance beat them up yet but here is a couple pics. These things are tough deff heavy duty if you have seen the H3T's these are a bit shorter and have 1 extra mounting bracket per side. We have already had someone wack their door into it no more door dings for us.

Name:  IMG_3667.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  58.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_3644.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  79.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_3643.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  59.3 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  51.0 KB
    Last edited by 05Mudiak; 09-05-2011 at 03:21 PM.
    Jeff

2008 3 Alpha
    4" Tuff Country with a touch of Rancho, SOA conversion, Ridge Demon Rock Bashers w/ steps, Ridge Demon front frame strengthening plates, 325/60/20, KMC Addicts, Thor parts front n rear bumpers with front skid plate, Thor Parts drive shaft adapter with u-joint front drive shaft, Thor parts UCP steel plates, Scorpion works steering rack brace, Recon 10.5k winch, Artec dual battery conversion and probably a few other things I'm forgetting.

Oh and it's my wife's

Sponsor
    Thanks
    RD Rock Bashers compared to Rocky Road sliders.

Rocky Road rock sliders I would have to say are better than the GM sliders but they still fall short in a few key areas.

The idea behind rock sliders is to protect your rocker panels and doors. If you bend your rocker panel, in the H3 it happens to be welded into the floor pan and the upright pillars. If damaged bad enough you will be spending a lot of money to get a rocker panel replaced. It can also affect the way your doors close and seal. It much more than just worrying about a dent in your door. damage to the doors and rocker panel overtime can make for some messy and even more costly repairs than you might think. There's also structural properties that you will be weakening if this area is damaged and having the rocker do what it should do in a accident is far more important that one might realize.

Here in this picture provided by Dave you can see how his RR sliders are bowed in the middle. It don't look so bad on the exterior but once you go under the truck you will find a different story.

Notice hat not only is the main squure tube that RR uses is bent but also each stantion connecting the mounting bracket to the sliders has bent up.
    The issue here is that they each bent up rite on the rocker panels seam which has now crushed at each bracket.
    Since each one is crushed moisture will now find a home in the rocker panel stripping the life out of it over time.
    You can't see it unless you crawl under and look but as I said before, you don't want this area rusting out.

Here is a cutaway of what were protecting.
    This H3 cab was cut open for less than a week before these pictures were taken.
    You can see how GM does put a finish on the enclosed area inside of the rocker to keep it from rusting.
    This one that's cut is just sitting outside unable to be on the road anymore.
    Notice how it's already started to show sings of rust inside the rocker.
    A H3 on the road will accelerate this process and one that hits the trails more will rust even faster.

In the picture above notice the seam rite above the "O" in the word only on the tire.
    This is what bends and splits open on the RR sliders. Some refer to it as the pinch weld.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to theBroken For This Useful Post:

Bigunit (09-05-2011), CBphoto (02-06-2012), kd7irm (09-05-2011), Portager (09-10-2011)

Hammer Down!
    Thanks
    I just posted a RidgeDemon Rock Basher install thread in the Teck Library section of the forum. This link will take you right to it:

http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/foru...ashers-install

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
    Thanks
    Those Rock Bashers are the top of the line protection for your H3/H3T. The materials selection and quality of construction is superior to the competition. Is you plan to wheel your H3/H3T then invest a little more in protection and you’ll save at the body shop.

I hope to get a set of these someday!

El Diablo
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 1,840 Posts
    Aren't these bad for the environment? Those poor rocks don't have a chance!

"The Dude"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alrock View Post
    Aren't these bad for the environment? Those poor rocks don't have a chance!
    Portager will probably find a geode or something after some "rock bashing" so these are a great investment for him esp.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to supersapper-rpm For This Useful Post:

Portager (09-10-2011)

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
    Thanks
    Though i am saving up the money for them on the 3's.
    When i first saw the title:" Ridge Demon rock bashers for"

I was 'hoping' it would say " Ridge Demon Rock Bashers For HummerInvestmentsInc. for free!"

Sadness all the way for dreaming a little to high

Oh well ill keep saving!
    OLAN- "Hogget" - Black Sheep Hummer Squad

1999 Hummer H1 (Black) l Sold
    2003 Hummer H1 (Black) l 2003 LB7 Duramax l Allison transmission l Alpha Interior l

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Nice clean constructionWish I could weld like that

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
    Thanks
    I have H3T S/N 0003 on my truck and I'm very glad I do. Here are some pictures showing them installed.

I had my Rock Bashers on for the Gold Basin trip and the iship trip and I'm glad I did. I've already scraped off a lot of paint, but they prevented a lot of damage to the truck. There is no better protection available for an H3/H3T.
    H3T ENGINEERED FOR ANYTHING! Mod List
    2009 H3T Alpha Luxury, off-road package, RD Rock Bashers, SnugTop SlantBack, DOI Front Bumper, Warn XD9000 winch, Viking synthetic winch line, Hutchinson WA-0615 beadlock wheels, OMF Performance rock rings, Cooper STT 315/75R16, Thor Parts rear bumper, OEM UCP, Low profile shock mounts, Hunner skids, GM Performance exhaust, HID fog lights, Scorpworks Steering support bracket, SuperPro SPF3882K bushings, Slide Masters Cargo Slide, BA diff skid, RAD-1, Cobra 75, Midland 75-822, H3x grille guard, 60" Hi-Lift Jack, CO2 PowerTank
    WELCOME TO THE OPEN