• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

SAS on a skid....

4speedfunk

GM spindles & hubs come in two styles. But the 73-91 GM knuckles only come in one style. They fit on pretty much any ball-joint D44 (I use the GM outers on Ford & Jeep Danas, too). You’ll need flat top knuckles to run a crossover drag-link...casting #C36519 & #C36520. Here’s a pic of the pass side flat-top next to a round top knuckle...
be5260206637ffcf31d9025c1399996b.jpg

Also, either style GM spindle & hub will bolt up to any GM knuckle. But each style spindle needs the correct hub. (It’s really not as confusing as it sounds). So you can run either small or large bearing spindles & hubs. And the THORparts hubs are available in either style. The smalls are somewhat harder to find but not “rare”.
Lastly, all of this stuff interchanges with the Corp 10-bolt too. However they never came with flat-tops. So you will need to run D44 flat-tops on your 10b axle to use cross-over steering.

Last edited:

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Not trying to be an as... but WHYYYY you still pushing D44? It’s time to move into 21th century and start building good axel (D60). There is a reason D44 is cheap and even Chris had to admit this. D60 is not much more expensive but so much stronger. Even small 37” tire is pushing it on D44.

gfbh3t

Maybe because it works! Been to Rausch Creek, Badlands, Drummond Islsnd, and Windrock and have never had a problem! Have thousands of miles on mine and only changed a few dollars of wheel bearings.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
For me personally the hi pinion Dana 44 was badass. The ford HP44 has lasted well on 40s the key is being high pinion. I wheeled the hell out of it with success...

The low pinion 44 gets you in the SAS game. From there you can figure out how hard you wanna push it. Not everyone needs a D60....some people need the strength of a D44....I needed the strength of a D70 [emoji4]