• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

A few pictures from a DeSoto mine run and a weekend camping trip

TXH3T

Well the past few weekends I've gotten out a day or two and thought id share some of the photos. In the pictures without the roof tent on i went on an offload trip with some guys from Expedition Portal. There were a few times i thought I was in trouble including one where the truck tilted to around 40 degrees. The ones With the roof tent are from this past weekend. A great trip but at 6 am when we woke up there was ice covering our tents and it made for a rough morning for sure.
photo1_3.jpg
photo4_4.jpg
photo4_20.jpg
photo1_15.jpg
1d134eb7.jpg
c59632d1.jpg
42787fda.jpg
d30424af.jpg
bcf76927.jpg

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Nice pics Chris. Looks like a fun trail. Can you do the trail in a day or do you have to camp overnight?

TXH3T

We actually did the trail in one day with plenty of time left before sunset. The camping trip was two weeks after that offload trip. If you do that trail I'd have a spotter or two for sure. I didn't manage to get any pictures of the hard parts but there sure are a few

skeptic

Well the past few weekends I've gotten out a day or two and thought id share some of the photos. In the pictures without the roof tent on i went on an offload trip with some guys from Expedition Portal. There were a few times i thought I was in trouble including one where the truck tilted to around 40 degrees. The ones With the roof tent are from this past weekend. A great trip but at 6 am when we woke up there was ice covering our tents and it made for a rough morning for sure.
photo1_15.jpg

:whaa:

I hate, HATE, being off camber like that. The only thing worse is squeezing up to a drop-off/cliff with tires mere inches from the edge. Not fun for me.

The rest of the pics look like a great time!

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Thanks for sharing -- these pics are great. I really do think you have one of the nicest Ts around. :cheers:

F

Former User

Dang! At least someones havin fun. Good lookin T, i've always admired RTT set ups.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Chris, the more I look at your Defender roof rack, the more I realize that it's the perfect size and height for a T.

Last edited:

dcastell

What are your specs on the H3T. Tires and suspension? I am assuming 315's and torsions cranked. I looked under your avatar, but you did not have your vehicles stats posted.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
What are your specs on the H3T. Tires and suspension? I am assuming 315's and torsions cranked. I looked under your avatar, but you did not have your vehicles stats posted.

dcastell, was your question meant for me or for TXH3T?

TXH3T runs 315s (35s) and runs daystar lift keys on his T. I run 285s (33s) and 315s w/the torsion bars turned to 23.5' on my T.

AZtraveler

photo1_15.jpg

I don't have a clinometer in my truck Chris, so not sure what the angle was - but Laraine took this when we were in Moab a couple months ago;~))

larryoffcamber2.jpg

Attachments

• 20110914_ZigZag.UT-6173.jpg
    20110914_ZigZag.UT-6173.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by a moderator:

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Nice pic Larry! I can see Pickme is in the back seat.

Larry, on a completely unrelated topic, would you mind taking and posting a couple of close-up pics of your rear "exo" tube bumper so everyone can see the work that went into fabricating it. Since I've seen it in pesron several times, I want others to see how sweet that thing is and to give others some mod ideas!

Chris, sorry to hijack your thread. Nice RTT by the way! :thumbs: See you on 12/10! I have a room for the 9th & 10th all set-up for you. Who is making the trip with you this year?

Last edited:

TXH3T

Thanks for the compliments on the truck everyone! Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread time flies on the holidays.
I don't have a clinometer in my truck Chris, so not sure what the angle was - but Laraine took this when we were in Moab a couple months ago;~))
larryoffcamber2.jpg
That is awesome! I'd definitely be having a white knuckle experience on that. Also I agree with Luis. Your rear guard is AWESOME! Just the other day I was thinking how cool one would look after seeing something similar on a Tacoma. I was planning to have one made by the guy who worked on my bed rack
Nice pic Larry! I can see Pickme is in the back seat.Larry, on a completely unrelated topic, would you mind taking and posting a couple of close-up pics of your rear "exo" tube bumper so everyone can see the work that went into fabricating it. Since I've seen it in pesron several times, I want others to see how sweet that thing is and to give others some mod ideas!Chris, sorry to hijack your thread. Nice RTT by the way! :thumbs: See you on 12/10! I have a room for the 9th & 10th all set-up for you. Who is making the trip with you this year?
Luis I'm not sure who will be with me yet but hopefully will soon! By the way is there a list of toys that are wanted or a list of toys that aren't acceptable?

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Luis I'm not sure who will be with me yet but hopefully will soon! By the way is there a list of toys that are wanted or a list of toys that aren't acceptable?

OK. I have a room for you at the Emabssy Suites for Friday and Saturday. As far as the toys, there's really no list of toys - any will do but the SA has asked that they be limited to kids up to the age of 12. Thanks Chris - we look forward to seeing you. As far as meals go, we are providing dinner at our house on Friday night, free cooked-to-order breakfast at the hotel on Saturday moring and free lunch at Sullivan's - so don't plan on spending much, if anything, on food.

Sircode13

Nice pictures TXH3T, looks like a fun run. Loved the roof mounted tent and need to find out where I could purchase one. It would work great for when I go hunting. Wonder how it would look on my H1, and how much of my roof rack would be devoted to it?

Trekker

That Guy
:whaa:

I hate, HATE, being off camber like that. The only thing worse is squeezing up to a drop-off/cliff with tires mere inches from the edge. Not fun for me.

The rest of the pics look like a great time!

Yep, pretty high on the pucker factor meter! :whaa: Great pics! I really want to get into doing multi-day expedition type trips someday.