• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Anyone been to Coal Creek recently?

08H3

I went to Coal Creek back in 2008 and it was a really neat experience. I've been thinking about going back there this year. It's an active mine and natural gas exploration site, so there is constant development going on. What may have been a black diamond trail last week may be a gravel road this week. Just wondered if anyone has been there recently and what it's currently like.

Woodtick

I haven't been there but from the pics I've seen posted on FB,the place looks amazing . There has been a lot of chatter about rigs and trailers getting stolen out of Hotel parking lots in that area? These are pro's,getting passed alarms ect. I would pull a fuse for the fuel pump or something to that effect.

Lchase

I went to Coal Creek back in 2008 and it was a really neat experience. I've been thinking about going back there this year. It's an active mine and natural gas exploration site, so there is constant development going on. What may have been a black diamond trail last week may be a gravel road this week. Just wondered if anyone has been there recently and what it's currently like.
I went there about 6 months ago, the place is still a great place to wheel, the trails are still well maintained with alot to chose from.

they have made some upgrades to the by adding more cabins, bath/shower houses, rv, and primirive campsites, carwash, gun range. they also have a general store in the park, and Rc course for kids.

The town of Oakridge has also added many more stores and restaurants.