• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Critique and value this Hummer H1

Kurt

Great looking truck, it's nice to have something that doesn't require much work.

The HVAC stuff is a big issue, even the new system is on "backorder" so even spending 4-5,000 to upgrade to a 1997.5-2006 style HVAC isn't a easy option now.

adventr

Thanks guys!!

Have done a few little maintenance things to it so far, but as soon as my H3 sells I'll begin molding it. Can't wait.

The change from 80 degree weather that it was used to in South Florida, to the 20 degree nights back here, meant that every worm gear hose clamp was loose. Had to go through and tighten all those down to fix the 15 leaks that it developed. Lol

I've also replaced the front HVAC blower motor. The original one was starting to make a "chirping" noise. Replacement motor was less than $20 from parts store.

Up next is to put new seals in the CTIS system, and toss the lines back on it so that I'll be able to air up/down on the fly.

adventr

Thanks, I'll post up some details along the way.

Here are a few pics I grabbed over the weekend. Had some really cold weather (9 degrees at night) and the 'ol H1 fired right up with no issues.