• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Name this wire.....

2007HummerH2

I recently purchased a new 07 H2 SUV. It is one of the limited edition glacier blue ones.
Fairly clean. It had a train horn which has now been removed by me. It was thrown in and the wiring was a nightmare. I'm trying to figure out if this wire is factory and if so, what did it go to? The train horn was wired as the regular horn. I would like to get the original horn working again. Not sure if this wire is part of the original horn system. It is the wire sitting on the battery cover.
BTW, the fuse box had a nice mouse nest in it....and yes the wires were chewed on, so I'm now in the process of repairing them.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1039.jpg
    IMG_1039.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 5,477

LoJac963

I would guess that's a power wire for something added. The best way would be to unwrap that electrical tape at the end of the wire loom and pull that wire out of the loom and try tracing it to wherever it goes. No way that wire is factory given the heat shrink or tape on it and the wire changing color.

Unless the horns were mounted right there, that could be the feed from the factory horns. Throw a test light on that connector, ground the other side and push the horn button. See if the test light comes on.

2007HummerH2

Ok will do. I traced the wire and it goes directly into the large factory harness just a few inches down, that hasn't been tampered with.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Sure looks like a factory fusible link wire to me. Going from gray or red to red with the black sealed fusible link in between is common with GM vehicles. Especially since it is coming out of the same conduit as the orange wire that feeds into the fuse panel.

Last edited:

2007HummerH2

I'll check the harness on my deuce when I see it Friday. Looks like it was a ground given it's black and in the harness with the orange ground

ok thanks!
I tracked down a wiring schematic but I haven't found that wire yet......

xcnax

Probationary Member
Am pretty sure that might be for charging a aux battery threw your trailer hitch plug if you have one installed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
I just re-read this thread (kinda by accident) and realized you've got the glacier blue spec ed. Those trucks had heated wiper fluid if I remember (should be a non-functioning square push button switch on the top left dash panel above the headlight switch). I know the dealer recall had those systems deactivated due to fire hazard. Not sure if that's how the service department would have deactivated the system? Just an odd thought.......

2007HummerH2

Interesting.....I do have that button. Wasn't really sure what it was. I'll have to press it and see if it works.

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
"must be the wire" is kind of a strong statement, but a good possibility. I always wondered how the recall was done for that heater unit though.

For those that didn't know about this, GM did a recall to disable the heated washer fluid on these trucks as it was deemed enough of a concern that it could start a fire in the truck. I haven't heard about any that actually had a fire though.

Last edited: