• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Here's an odd one.... brake pedal falls 1/2 to floor 1st pump 2nd pump totally normal

Happy Hummer

As title states.
I replaced shocks all the way around on Happy between Thursday and today (Saturday). The truck was not moved in between the days nor was it run.
Today finished passenger front (did the nut trick by the way handy) side and finished all up.
Went to start the truck put my foot on brake and sunk 1/2 way next pump of brakes pretty much normal.
Am I missing something?
Is this normal?
Seems odd. Brakes worked prefect before this.

SedonaBound

Chances are pretty good that you did something or the new shocks did something when you replaced the shocks. Or its one hell of a coincidence. Have you inspected all the brake flex lines? Brake fluid level? First thing I'd check for with big drop in pedal all at once would be a loss of brake fluid somewhere, and the flex lines are in the area.

Last edited:

skeptic

As title states.
I replaced shocks all the way around on Happy between Thursday and today (Saturday). The truck was not moved in between the days nor was it run.
Today finished passenger front (did the nut trick by the way handy) side and finished all up.
Went to start the truck put my foot on brake and sunk 1/2 way next pump of brakes pretty much normal.
Am I missing something?
Is this normal?
Seems odd. Brakes worked prefect before this.
Not sure I fully understand, did you pump the brakes twice BEFORE starting it and after it sat for a few days? I know in my H2 if it sits for a few days without running when I put my foot on the brake it goes down farther than usual. As soon as the engine starts the brake pedal almost thumps against my foot as normal pressure is back.

Happy Hummer

Got in turned the key started the H and brake fell better than 1/2 way. Next time depressing brake it was normal.
Fluid checked full. Brakes worked rest of weekend and during biz today.
Drove heck of o lot and seems fine. Just weird.

skeptic

Ya, brake pedal falling AFTER the engine is started isn't what I expected. If it doesn't do it again I wouldn't worry about it.