• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

I Got A Scorpion

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
#2 was ordered by Dallas oilman Lee Fikes after seeing the MK1 at the 1999 SEMA show. For those of you that follow Barrett-Jackson, Mecum, etc car auctions Lee buys and sells a lot of high interest vehicles. Seems he is the car guy we all want to be. After talking with the guy that takes care of his large collection I think I could spend days drooling over his accumulation of cool vehicles.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now, about the color.......

Yellow would not have been my first choice but at least I won't lose it on the trail. :) The Scorpion was slightly used on a ranch in north Texas. Apparently the red soil there has a high iron oxide content. Underneath where the red dirt was allowed to stay for long periods the iron oxide has stained the paint a slight reddish color. Damn Oklahoma dirt used to do that to my socks too.

LagunaH1

Well I guess you also COULD coat it in some Moab dust..... I know my 97 has a good, solid, protective coating of that stuff underneath. It's permanent :D

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I'm one of the five that took him to court so your not going to get more first hand info. If he sold it that too is fraud because Sonni no longer owned the rights. He fled Arkansas to escape the court order and was in "hiding" in New Mexico for any years. I handed over my 1/5 part to the original chassis/trailer designer that was Sonni's original partner in the beginning. He's the guy the started the suit and pulled us other victims into the case against.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Al, you say Soni no longer owned the rights so he couldn't sell them. How did he lose or give up the rights he once held? This doesn't effect me but I am curious as to the history.
also in my business we deal with intellectual property rights frequently. As a builder/developer I create ideas and concepts but am not an engineer or architect. Someone else has to " do the math" so to speak. The design consultants always try to claim the work as their own but our contracts with them read that we own the rights to the plans. We are the creator of the idea. They are hired to put it in permit able and build able form. ( I never could draw more than stick figures )
I am just curious how this all came together and fell apart. What I find online is all about Soni and Heath.

Fish

Based on his first post and the pics it sure sounds like he did, unless I'm majorly missing some sort of inside joke. Either way congrats and it gives me one more reason to hate you :giggle:

:cheers:

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I will be posting pics of my Scorpion soon. Just haven't had time to take them yet because I wanted to find some big poser rocks.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dammit. I get enough of that 1/10 an hour stuff in the real world, not here too. :( Actually I like my lawyers, it is all the others I don't like. :):):)

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still say it was the crabs Luisa got instead of a scorpion. He just put some of that lawyer spin on it.

Woodtick

Doesn't look like a Scorpion,but what do I know.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,048