• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Vermont Overland Trophy 2015

JPaul

That's awesome! I think it's a bit lame though that they designed an overland challenge for smaller vehicles like Jeep Wranglers, they aren't really designed for overlanding exactly. Everything I have ever seen for overlanding is mid-sized and up because of how much you often end up carrying with you. But maybe I'm just unaware of people overlanding with little Jeeps.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I agree. More than design it for larger vehicles, they shouldn't penalize them for being large. Simply because in Overlanding a larger vehicle may encounter a tight spot and should be able to resolve it. Not be penalized for it. That stage was probably the most beautiful one of the whole event and I would hate to have it removed just because us large vehicles had it harder. They should just remove or change the penalties.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I agree with all said, if it was a rock crawling comp then penalties for tighter sections would be more understandable but overlanding as a whole is bigger rigs in my mind. Land cruisers, land rovers, tacomas, overlanding 4x4 vans, etc. either way great job!

Also did anyone else notice in the pics that al was up against a forum member here? Ajk150 in his orange rover that comes to moab with us

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
c9c80dda7fe0490776a0110ddeb20b6f.jpg

Pic by Nate Hurto

5f7d68dcb91fbe5639115d142c951c9c.jpg

Pic by Gus Granger

Two amazing pics of the truck by two amazing photographers. Thanks guys!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"