• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

August Big Bear Trip

1DIRTYH3

Looking to do a trip to Big Bear on the 22nd of August.
Waiting on 06H3 to fix front drive shaft and hopefully Panzer will be road worthy.
Post up if you are interested and we can plan further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panzer07

I'm in for sure whether panzer is ready or no, The Beemer is just itching to tackle big bear, and so am I.
Do we have a trail road or idea ?

Torres

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Fish I'll be in San Diego just for my last little summer vacation. Nothing major planned just play tourist...last time I was in San Diego was probably 8 years ago

1DIRTYH3

Great Flamingo, As we get a little closer we can finalize. Should know more by next weekend so we have a week to prepare. It should be a day trip...

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I didn't get a chance to finish last night. It's almost done. Gears are in for the final time axle shafts back in but I stopped early to go to a small get together for my friends cousin who passed away in a rollover at rowher flats Friday night. I didn't know him but he was in a Suzuki sidekick. 24 years old in the back seat as a passenger... rolled down 1000 feet and died at the scene the 2 upfront are in the hospital, one passed away in the hospital and one is hanging on to life....so that's where I was vs finishing up...I'll finish it tonight/tomorrow if all is well I'll post up the run.

As for rowher flats be careful is you ever head out there. I've done the trails out there more then I can remember. The steep climbs and usually inexperience is what gets people. Hang on to the gas for too long on a steep climb and then you have a long fall to the bottom

1DIRTYH3

Damn Chris, sorry to hear that. Really hammers home the safety point when on the trail. Saw your OX locker back in and was getting excited... Thoughts and prayers to your friends cousins family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Thanks guys...yep always gotta be careful.

The ox locker is in so are the gears and shafts just need to put the rotors calipers hubs etc won't take long

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Thanks guys yep, same spot...I gotta dig up some pictures but I know my buddy rescued a jeep there. He got lucky the jeep rolled like 30 feet and stopped. I rescued a guy who was half a flop away from death. I'll get some pics of the spot but thanks guys

1DIRTYH3

So looks like we have some info for Big Bear trip on the 15th. Chris and I are attending, specifics are meet at discovery center at 9:30 and hit trail at 10am. Let us know if you plan to attend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk