• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Bib Bear trails July 18th (Sat)

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Well i was pretty busy with work after coming back from Rubi. But i am itching for another outing locally. So Big Bear trails preferably JB, but i am open for other options. So far I (in H2)and my bro.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Looked at some vids looks fairly simple. if we doing unknown to me trail ill bring GMC. John Bull is one of most challenging trail in BB, but after Rubi its a walk in the park.

H3HummerLineX

Couple shots of dishpan.
95d72e8a622f3a7b2db7102782db258f.jpg
c0d8bbfb82579cbda904e374ae9f3fb0.jpg
b16f596f29fbb360e7c58a84d4e418b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Haven't done JB for couple of years now. Looks like John JK is in for whatever. Ill take H2 if we doing JB and GMC for Dishpan.

Better known as Deep Creek Trail, it is part of the 3N34 (Willow Creek) trail, it is rated difficult and if you run it west to east it will be all uphill, Dishpan Springs Trail goes from the east side of Lake Arrowhead towards Green Valley and Big Bear. The trail become difficult as soon as you cross Deep Creek, eventually the road reaches Dishpan Springs (the most challenging section of the trail) and Crab Flats campground. Body damage to a stock 4x4 is likely.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
The John Bull Trail has the solid reputation as one of the toughest and most challenging trails in the Big Bear mountains of San Bernardino County. This trail should only be done with in a group of well-equipped short-wheelbase vehicles. Lockers are recommended, but not always required. The entire trail is strewn with boulders of various sizes. There are a number of sharp drop-offs along the way. Be prepared for scratches, dings and flat tires. This trail is not for stock SUV's.
The trail is part of the "Adopt a Trail" program through the National Forest Service, and has been adopted by the So Cal Broncos (east end) and the Waywegos 4 Wheel Drive Club (west end).
Running the trail west to east is somewhat easier, there is a campground at the western starting point. Most off-roaders prefer to start at the east end of the trail. The official start point is off of the Burnt Flats Trail (3N02), although many catch it at the end of 3N32.
Around April/May 2009 the ends of the trail has had more boulders pushed in to make more difficult "gateways".

H3HummerLineX

We went down dishpan from crab flats where we camped. Hung out at the stream then went back up. No major issues. A good spotter is key. Be prepared for some pin striping.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I did John Bull rancho lifted spring under once in good conditions rancho lifted spring over many times in multiple conditions and John Bull in a foot of untracked snow breaking trail at night with the SAS and 37s...I know Craig did it with a t bar crank...thing is trail has changes a ton everytime. If u want a trail that you will get stuck on and possible break but want a challenge for a t bar crank h3 this will offer it. Having run it so many times now I know the lines real well and think I can get an h3 on 35s 4:1 and rear locker through without too many problems. This trail was once intimidating but running it so many times and spotting so many different setups I feel confident to lead but unfortunately I will be on the rubicon during this date

Zach

Mall Crawler
Worried JB will tear things up? I'm only on 35"s with T bars cranked and 2"shackles.

You will be like a dinghy getting towed through JB. And a lot of undercarriage damage. Ask Cbetts. I've run it several times and certain spots I can't get through.

If you guys run this, I'm out! Plus, I think I have a wedding to go to. And no! Not mine thank god!

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Gold mtn is too easy now, last time we did it under 2 hrs in a snow and my bro has no lockers. possibly interested in Dishpan with JB after (maybe).

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Be prepared for some pin striping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Pin-striping is not an issue for past few years.

Panzer07

I'll know later today if I have he day off. If so I'm in. And I agree gold mountain is too easy, specially for serge's beasts lol

Torres

Fish

Dishpan looks fun but I'm just too busy to make it. It's been awhile so hopefully I can make the next run. Have a good time out there

Zach

Mall Crawler
Guess the wedding I was suppose to attend is tomorrow. Need to get a few things done next week, but might be in. But no JB for me