• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Any upcoming SoCal events?

Zach

Mall Crawler
We really need to get something going and hopefully soon. Will see if we can get something planned soon. Probably be Last Chance Canyon in Mojave. And if it is there and Cbetts asks about going to the tunnel, please say no [emoji41]

Panzer07

Rubicon less then 2 weeks but that's more nor cal

I want to go but don't have a truck...and idk if the I'm ready to take the Beemer up there...I know she's up to the challenge...he question is me and my riding skills lol

Torres

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Up north by Lake Tahoe. Leave Tuesday morning the 14th trail takes 3 days to do. 15th 16th 17th drive home Saturday the 18th but have Sunday the 19th off in case of a breakdown. Serge can relate to that on the rubicon, it certainly can happen to anyone.

We have Bebe leading us through. She lives up there has ran the trail on 35s and now on a custom ifs on 38s. She knows the H3s to tackle a tough trail.

On that note I can't wait to see the bebemonster and squeaky next to each other for pictures. 2 totally different approaches to solve the same problem we had. Eating front diffs :)

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Lastly it's no easy trail and will challenge our rigs and your driving but if there's a trip to do it for the first time I would say its with Bebe. Her and Rick know the trail and between Rick, Bebe and I we can tear apart an H3 in no time :)

I also planned it during the week so we can go slow, have less traffic and mess around. Even though I have never been there I have never heard one bad thing about the rubicon and I have a feeling this won't be my last time up there so if u can't make it there will be more trips later.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Lastly it's no easy trail and will challenge our rigs and your driving but if there's a trip to do it for the first time I would say its with Bebe. Her and Rick know the trail and between Rick, Bebe and I we can tear apart an H3 in no time :)

I also planned it during the week so we can go slow, have less traffic and mess around. Even though I have never been there I have never heard one bad thing about the rubicon and I have a feeling this won't be my last time up there so if u can't make it there will be more trips later.

With Bebe and Rick leading, you will be fine. As far as hearing bad things about the Rubicon, talk to Serge lmao

cbetts

NERD!!!
So sorry that I have been slacking in the planning department. My life hasn't made much room for wheeling. It is getting hot for Last Chance Canyon, unless you want to do a night run. I typically run some trails in Bishop this time of year but it doesn't look like I will be able to run there either (again).

It has been years since I ran anything in Big Bear. I am game for there as long as I don't need to lead. My memory is not very good on those trails.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
What weekend?

Also I can put a request in at work tomorrow for a Saturday or Sunday in August is there a date that works for you guys? August 18th 19th? For big bear I know gold mtn and John Bull very well, I also know Holcomb creek...dishpan I have done but it's been a while so I would need to prerun.

After August I am starting my job search...that may take a month or a year but hopefully I will leave my college job that requires me to work Saturdays and Sunday's and find a Monday-Friday gig but hey, when you first start out you can't be too picky lol either way it's been a long year of modifications and repairs on squeaky and I'm starting to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Never finished fine tuning the SAS since I blew my motor, now the motor is in, revalved the shocks, adjusting bumpstops, redoing wiring, messing with front diff pinion preload issue I had but it's almost 100% and for once probably more ready for the rubicon then my brother and buddy are right now. Watch me jinx it...
So cal guys, post up a date in August that works!

H3HummerLineX

I have a little repair. I'm going to make some weld on sliders for the leaf spring brackets then will be good to go.
b9be42d35def601bf0643b6249a7e84f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zach

Mall Crawler
What weekend?

Also I can put a request in at work tomorrow for a Saturday or Sunday in August is there a date that works for you guys? August 18th 19th? For big bear I know gold mtn and John Bull very well, I also know Holcomb creek...dishpan I have done but it's been a while so I would need to prerun.

After August I am starting my job search...that may take a month or a year but hopefully I will leave my college job that requires me to work Saturdays and Sunday's and find a Monday-Friday gig but hey, when you first start out you can't be too picky lol either way it's been a long year of modifications and repairs on squeaky and I'm starting to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Never finished fine tuning the SAS since I blew my motor, now the motor is in, revalved the shocks, adjusting bumpstops, redoing wiring, messing with front diff pinion preload issue I had but it's almost 100% and for once probably more ready for the rubicon then my brother and buddy are right now. Watch me jinx it...
So cal guys, post up a date in August that works!

Pick a date! Have learned not to cater to people. Times I did, they don't show. I've got some stuff to get buttoned up with new motor. No John Bull for me. Won't ever run it again with my set up. Pig takes an absolute beating. Would be good with Gold Mountain. Been awhile since I've run that and it has changed big time

H3HummerLineX

Not sure I would run John Bull either. It does tear things up a bite. Dishpan was not that bad and gold mtn was good fun. Would we camp or just stay in town??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Let me get things squared away first with work but it looks like August 18th. Manager is on vacation this week but I put in the request. Probably gold mtn and if time permits Holcomb creek is fun. Ran that last time. Nothing crazy just a fun trail.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Up north by Lake Tahoe. Leave Tuesday morning the 14th trail takes 3 days to do. 15th 16th 17th drive home Saturday the 18th but have Sunday the 19th off in case of a breakdown. Serge can relate to that on the rubicon, it certainly can happen to anyone.

We have Bebe leading us through. She lives up there has ran the trail on 35s and now on a custom ifs on 38s. She knows the H3s to tackle a tough trail.

On that note I can't wait to see the bebemonster and squeaky next to each other for pictures. 2 totally different approaches to solve the same problem we had. Eating front diffs :)

If no break downs we could have finished it in 6-7hr, but we had preped rigs.