• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Independence day blow-out sale...

4speedfunk

THORparts SUMMER BLOW-OUT SALE...

What? 10% off all THORparts!
When? From now until July 6th!

This applies to everything we make. Prices below:

H3/H3T front winch bumpers.....................$719.00
H3 rear bumpers........................................$449.00
H3T rear bumpers (one remaining)...........$449.00
H3 front skids (early bolt pattern)..............$ 89.00
H3 UCP beef-up plates.............................$ 62.00
Bull-bars....................................................$143.00
H3 Cargo Kit brackets...............................$ 89.00
Dana 44 SAS axle brackets......................$234.00
Dana 44 ABS hubs & caliper mounts.......$360.00 exchange ($460 outright)

Solid axle stuff..........................................$ varies
Used OEM parts.......................................$ varies
Fab parts..................................................$ varies

Send PM with:
1. parts wanted
2. your complete shipping address
3. direct email address

I will reply with a total (including shipping), ASAP. Do not use the check-out function on the THORparts website. Sale is only advertised here on H4O. Parts are shipped via UPS-Ground, or picked-up in person. Payment via PayPal or cash. All items are in stock and ready for immediate purchase.

H3slate

Brush raked
This is awesome!! PM coming your way.

What is included in the Dana 44 SAS axle brackets? Are these the parts that are included; coil mount, control arm mount and shock mount?

4speedfunk

What is included in the Dana 44 SAS axle brackets? Are these the parts that are included; coil mount, control arm mount and shock mount?

Yes.

Combo axle brackets...(these get welded to the tubes for link attachment, shock attachment, and coil-spring pads).
Adjustable coil spring buckets...(these get welded to frame and support the top of the coil spring).
NOT INCLUDED are the track-bar bracket, upper link tower, and ram-assist tabs. These items can differ depending on your particular axle. I can provide them or direct you to other sources for them.

Check my YouTube channel (4speedfunk) for more info on H3 SAS's.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• THORparts SAS kit-02.jpg
    THORparts SAS kit-02.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 749
  • THORparts SAS kit-03.jpg
    THORparts SAS kit-03.jpg
    549.6 KB · Views: 721
  • THORparts SAS kit-06.jpg
    THORparts SAS kit-06.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 871

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
that's a sweet looking setup, h3slate IMO the best way is slowly grab parts like the axle brackets then wait for a ruffstuff sale and get the other brackets he doesn't sell. Grab an axle ship the hubs out to become abs compatible. Then take the plunge, your rig will have the off-road capability of a jeep and the comfort of a hummer.

H3slate

Brush raked
that's a sweet looking setup, h3slate IMO the best way is slowly grab parts like the axle brackets then wait for a ruffstuff sale and get the other brackets he doesn't sell. Grab an axle ship the hubs out to become abs compatible. Then take the plunge, your rig will have the off-road capability of a jeep and the comfort of a hummer.
That is the plan. I have an axle with an arb locker, just need to regear.

Starting to collect parts for a fall/winter build.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Does that mean Robert is next for his H2? I know of a plug and play abs axle for him...but I'll stop don't wanna hijack anymore.

Scarsman

Sponsor
Does that mean Robert is next for his H2? I know of a plug and play abs axle for him...but I'll stop don't wanna hijack anymore.
No, I don't think so. I still like my IFS. So far it had not given me a problem,and I don't feel it has been a limitation yet. I do have ideas for fabbing a little bit of lift for it though.

4speedfunk

The H2 IFS (along with all the 92-up full-size GM trucks), is really quite robust. Nothing at all like the cursed, POS under the H3. So, the incentive to go solid is not there, like it is for the H3.

However, my 99 Burban K2500 is completely worn-out, and I've priced-up a SAS vs. a stock IFS rebuild and the parts cost is about the same. Of course there is a lot more fab-time involved with the SAS. I looked at several SAS kits, (all using leaf springs) and I remain un-impressed with any of them. So I am leaning toward using the same coil-spring, 3-link, suspension that I use on the H3. The upper link and pumpkin swap sides but, other than that...I think it can be adapted to work on the full-size chassis. This would yield a lower ride-height and a better ride.

Cowboy

Interested in skid plate. I have 2009 H3T Alpha, but need earlier version plate to fit with winch bumper.
Would also like skid plates for tank/ transfer case and would be interested in a steel drive line if anyone knows a source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4speedfunk

I assume you have an aftermarket bumper? The THORparts front skid fits early style (06-07) bumpers. Let me know what you're running, and I can tell you for sure if it will work.
The T is a belly-dragged for sure. I have some plates that can be welded to the GM UCP to add some additional strength. I got nothin for the fuel tank. Check out scarsman for a full coverage skid.
Steel driveline? Not sure what you're looking for.

Cowboy

4speedfunk
I got a DaFelice bumper http://www.teakatoys.com/mobile/pro...nch_Mount_by_DeFelice_Offroad_p/doi-h3wm.htm= ( and hidden winch. Would love to get some kind of aluminum plate back under there. Manufacturer says I need 07 or older non ALPHA plate.
The driveline I have (rear) is the big aluminum stocker. I just think it's very vulnerable. I've been saving up for 4:1 transfer case and hopefully a slip yoke eliminator, then I'll need a new driveline anyway.
I have no belly skid plates, other than sheet metal. So, I have no skid plates.
Really want to protect the bottom better.
Suggestions, products, or resources welcome
Mitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4speedfunk

Cowboy...

Yes, very familiar with the DeFelice bumper (he's my neighbor). That bumper takes the early style skid...but, there is no difference between the Alpha and 5-cylinder skids. You need a early style GM skid or a THORparts skid. I sell the THORparts skids for $99. Sometimes I acquire used GM skids but, I don't currently have any lying around. Try ebay or craigslist for a GM skid...very easy to find.

Driveline? You mean the rear driveshaft? Big & aluminum?...thats gotta be what you're talking about! Those tend to collide with the fuel tank skid, and often times you can see evidence of this (stripes on the driveshaft). This caused by the rear suspension flexing sideways while off-roading. I do have a used stock shaft if you are interested. When I do SOA mods, I usually make a new driveshaft from smaller steel tubing, to keep it off the fuel tank.

SYE? Good luck. I've never seen such a critter for the BW4493/4494 t-case. I personally don't have a problem with the stock slip-yoke. Mine works great with standard u-joints, and the factory slip-yoke. Whatever the case...if you must have a SYE on the rear, you'll have to get creative. Lots of GM guys use a yoke from a long-cab, long-box, full-size Chevy truck, (these trucks use a two-piece driveshaft with a carrier bearing midway). The yoke from these trucks is "fixed", and it is bolted to the output shaft of the tranny. It has straps on it (like an axle yoke), and you must un-bolt the straps to remove the driveshaft. Once you get the shaft out, you'll see the yoke actually has a hole in the center of it and a large bolt that threads into the end of the output shaft. You can grab one of these (and the bolt) and probably install it on your BW t-case. This will require you to drill & tap the output shaft for the new bolt...but it might work if the splines on the yokes are the same. This is a common "poor-mans" trick, and I've seen it done several times but, never on an H3.

Belly protection? About all that's available are the GM UCP (which is lacking a bit), the now extinct DeFelice full-length skid, and Scarsman's new full belly pan.