• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Aussie hummer parts/ suppliers

redneck

Gday all. just thought i would see if any one in australia know of any companies who stock hummer parts. Just chasing peoples opinions on lift kits and bullbars at this stage.Like who you purchased through even if its in the us and u know they ship at resonable rates... im in country western australia and have trouble with getting decent info. also wondering if any one has installed a external trans cooler and how it all went. my hummer that i use to travel 1000 klms round trip to work and back and a lot of soft sand work on fishing trips has just been put in the shed for a over hall. engine freshin up... looking at buying a 2 inch lift kit , external trans cooler, roof rack , bullbar, new discs for front and any other recomendations. any info i could get would be a huge help. thanks in advance HAyden

Blacksky

Hi Redneck.
ARB manufacture a few accessories and actually export to US.
I will be getting one of their bullbars as soon as I can afford it.
My genuine factory light weight "brushguard" vibrated to pieces on our corrugated roads.
Australia leads the world in design and manufacture of bull bars and roo bars.
Also be very careful putting any load on the roof.
The roof channels are held on by rivnuts to unreinforced roof panel.
My ARB roof rack tore the rivnuts out on corrugated roads.
I have only heard of this happening to 2 other owners, both in Australia.
Instead of the 2" lift kit, have you considered levelling the front then putting a 2" extended shackle in the rear.
Wont achieve as much lift overall but a lot cheaper.

redneck

Cheers guys. Im actually struggling to find a supplier for a lift kit and replacement shocks so am considering anything.just know nothing haha. I want quality stuff as i just bought a camper trailer to head north a bit more. Dont want cheap junk. Thats awsome to know about the roof!!! Saved me a headache! ! Blacksky have you lifted yours?

Blacksky

Hi Redneck,

I haven't lifted mine yet. Am waiting until I get new (bigger) tyres them I'll do a torsion bar lift at the front and possibly some extended shackles at the rear.
After following the forums for several years, I understand the only real option to do a decent lift (other than "levelling") is to go for the 4 inch Rancho kit.

Here are a couple of links
http://www.4wd1.com/Hummer-Suspension.htm
http://www.gorancho.com/downloads/i...ation_Instructions_For_RS6558B_Revision_F.pdf

Just had a look at those links and now I'm starting to salivate.

Chook

Rancho make the best 4" lift kit but get different shocks (they are crap)

To be honest go to ARB & get OME Kit, you only get a 2"change, but it is engineered to match their bull bar, tested & proven for Australian conditions. (& you can fit 35" tyres easily)

amrg

Rockauto.com

Valve cover gaskets available for 20-40 USD for the 3.7L depending on the make.