• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Mark

I’m new to this forum, well new as a contributor. Being a 2007 H3 owner of the same vehicle for ten years I have frequented this site and appreciate all the tips people have offered. I feel I’m somewhat indebted and should contribute to ‘H4O HUMMER’ for the amount of information I have pulled from the postings. Most recently, I installed a remote starter and was amazed on how little information there is out there for the DYI. A LOT of the information is misleading or simply incorrect also read that H3-Hummers are on the “do not install” list for some remotes, which challenged me even more. Even though I was successful with this install, I would be embarrassed to disclose how many hours of online research and testing I spent. There is one member at this forum that provided some information, which is correct, but for me I would have liked to see more specific detail. For my first posting I will be providing images, instructions and schematics on how to perform this install. EVERYTHING you will need to know, eliminating all guesswork!

Kyle

cool! Welcome to the forum officially! Cant wait to see your write up with instructions and pictures, ive been thinking about installing a remote starter since my first hummer!

Mark

I currently have created the document in power point just need the time to post it here. Anyone is welcome to contact me directly if they would like the attachment in a pdf format.

GarryM

Welcome.

Quite interested in this, as currently have remote start on my H3 and just all the sudden stopped working. Wanted to see if I could track down the issue before having to take to someone with more experience.

Mark

Introduction –
Remote starters are nothing more than a series of relays intended to mimic the actions of the operator turning over the key to start the vehicle. There isn't anything magical or complex about these units, and for the most part they are pretty much all very similar. Some just have additional programmable features or send / receive capabilities so your remote gets a signal that you vehicle has been successfully started. I personally would look at the actual fob remote as an indicator of quality, considering your keychain will see most of the abuse.
What makes the Hummer unique is that there is much incomplete or incorrect information out there and the most challenging thing is the bypass of the PASSLOCK 2, which GM used on a limited amount of vehicles. Once understood, it is very straight forward, a little bit of patience and intuition when reading the schematics.

In addition to your remote of choice, you will need two relays and a resistor pack:
ØAbsolute USA 2 In-line ATC Fuse Holder, 2 Relay RLS125 12 VCD Automotive Relay SPDT 30/40A and 2 SRS105 12 VDC 5-Pin Relay Socket
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C0SATHE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ØResistor Packet, Directed Electronics 652T GM VATS Bypass Kit
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015HMXOI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The following pages (or images of the pages) are in two specific sections.
1st – full description of the Hummers ignition and how to bypass it. The essential hook-up for the horn, locks, parking lights and brake. Obviously other features can be connected, that is up to your creativity or needs.
2nd – Full description of hooking up the COMUUSTAR CS800S. It may get a little confusing on the pin numbers. Referencing the hummer ignition and the associated pin numbers for the unit.

Last edited:

Mark

The following 5 images are from a slide show I created. It should be enough information for anyone to get started.
Hit me up with a Private Message if you would like a copy of the complete 19 page guide in a pdf format.

Last edited:

Mark

Hummer H3 Remote 1of5.jpgHummer H3 Remote 2of5.jpgHummer H3 Remote 3of5.jpgHummer H3 Remote 4of5.jpgHummer H3 Remote 5of5.jpg

Mark

That was very easy to post - the following are the Compustar SC800-S Connections.
Sorry, no picture of the completed by-pass relay configuration.

DFW Spartan

A little late, but welcome to H4O. I appreciate you taking the time to post this remote start installation guide. I've just recently started experiencing some electrical issues on my H3T, which I believe are associated with the remote starter that was on my truck when I purchased it. I'd appreciate it if you could send me a .pdf copy of this installation guide. PM sent.

Last edited: