• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Midwest Snow!

08H3

We don’t get big snow around here very often any more, so I like to make the most of it when we do! I was stuck before 8am, so we’re off to good start! Post up pics off your Hummer, Jeep, truck, etc. having some fun!
D430AEE8-7ADD-4B5F-A394-60E8DF417434.jpeg

08H3

My lawnmower is worth more than that Jeep! I'm not putting a dime in it if it still runs! You're right though that's a pretty dumb way to lift a Jeep (bought it that way), but generally it works well so I never did anything different.

JPaul

My lawnmower is worth more than that Jeep! I'm not putting a dime in it if it still runs! You're right though that's a pretty dumb way to lift a Jeep (bought it that way), but generally it works well so I never did anything different.

You must have a really nice lawnmower then. Or have a buyers market for Jeeps. Every time I look at Jeeps around here it could be cut in half and they'd still want over $2k for it. Same with Toyota's. I know Toyota's are cool and all but not "I'm going to sell it for what it cost new 20 years ago" cool.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is pretty easy to spend 8-12K on a nice riding zero turn. We had about 8-9" of snow with drifts over 3' deep. That wasn't bad. The bad part was when all the road snow turned into road ice. I went sideways in my F-350 dually 4x4 once but didn't miss my turn. Outside of that one frozen pipe that did not break and one frozen pipe in my small shop that burst big time. Fortunately no damage, the water mostly just ran out the roll up door. The shop is insulated and I had the heater going but I guess it wasn't enough. All my tools stayed dry and the skid steer blocked the spray.

Korby7

Taking the kids on a donut run behind our house. This, and a good spring are the only thing I like about snow. I guess it makes a good view out the window too.
IMG_0081.2.jpg

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Roads are clear here now, temps are back above freezing. I couldn't get the skid steer started so I used the blade on the mini-ex to clear the driveways. Snow should be all gone in a few days. Our lake was still frozen over yesterday afternoon but should thaw out soon also. All the plumbers, HVAC guys, roofers, etc. will be very busy for the next month or two. The plumber I use for rent property issues said he had 285 service calls as of Friday morning. Normal is 10-20.

MilamJR

Roads are clear here now, temps are back above freezing. I couldn't get the skid steer started so I used the blade on the mini-ex to clear the driveways. Snow should be all gone in a few days. Our lake was still frozen over yesterday afternoon but should thaw out soon also. All the plumbers, HVAC guys, roofers, etc. will be very busy for the next month or two. The plumber I use for rent property issues said he had 285 service calls as of Friday morning. Normal is 10-20.
Glad to hear you guys are starting to thaw out.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Things are pretty much back to normal. All 3 Walmarts in town and many of the grocery stores lost power and had to throw out all of the meat, cheese, butter, yogurt, fresh vegetables and fruit, everything in the frozen food aisle. The stores look worse than when the pandemic started and people were hoarding everything. At first I thought people had bought everything out but a store employee told me once they lost power it all had to be thrown away.