• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Fog light replacement

lc7404

I've searched but cant find a write on how to replace the oem fogs. I cracked a lense. Can someone please provide. Do I have to take off the bumper

SolidusJ

There's just 3 bolts holding the fog light assembly to the bumper. I removed my from the OEM bumper when I went to the ARB.

20190911_190724.jpg

Last edited:

JPaul

So that you know, that picture doesn't show it but the two bolts on the right are directly behind the brace you can see. You have a couple options. Use a spanner/wrench (either standard or ratcheting) or a 1/4" ratchet with an extension. The holes you see in the brace just happen (maybe by design?) to let a 1/4" extension pass through, then you can use a regular ratchet on them, you just have to put the socket onto the bolts first, then pass the extension through and into the socket.

On a side note, it's amazing seeing how rusty everything on that bumper is compared to mine. Being in a dry climate really makes a difference, and we salt the roads here too so it's not just that.

lc7404

so it could be done without removing the bumper

So that you know, that picture doesn't show it but the two bolts on the right are directly behind the brace you can see. You have a couple options. Use a spanner/wrench (either standard or ratcheting) or a 1/4" ratchet with an extension. The holes you see in the brace just happen (maybe by design?) to let a 1/4" extension pass through, then you can use a regular ratchet on them, you just have to put the socket onto the bolts first, then pass the extension through and into the socket.

On a side note, it's amazing seeing how rusty everything on that bumper is compared to mine. Being in a dry climate really makes a difference, and we salt the roads here too so it's not just that.

JPaul

Should be able to. Probably will need to remove the wheel well liners at least though, but those are just plastic rivets. A flathead screwdriver and a body panel prybar are sufficient to take them out, though there is also a specific tool for pulling them that would make it a lot easier. One of these days I'm going to pick one up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: