• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Northeast Meetup

FloridaH3

What’s up guys. I’ve been reading up on all the meetup threads and the southwest guys seem to have a ton of fun at MOAB and other spots over there. I would like to get a small meetup going for the east coast guys.

I was wondering if anybody would be interested in a weekend at https://www.aoaatrails.com this spring/summer. I haven’t been out there yet but it seems to be one of the only big dedicated parks for full size vehicles (there are trails for ATVs as well). Lots of rocky mountainside and lots of mud/water. I was thinking sometime between April and July. Beginner trails all the way up to full buggy climber trials.

If there is some interest I’ll put together a poll and get an idea of what dates are best. I’m always down to do multiple weekends, so we can spread it out over a few trips to give more people an opportunity to make it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bowser-II

AOAA is pretty fun, Rausch Creek is right down the road too. It’s been awhile but what I remember is that AOAA is more about long trails, and since I go up there with jeeps we trend toward RC which means you really can push your and your truck to the limits.

There are three good trails in the GWNF in Virginia that are fun if exploring and camping are more of what someone may want. Flagpole knob in particular offers great camping that is free and excellent night sky viewing.

I am up for either Pennsylvania or Virginia!

FloridaH3

AOAA is pretty fun, Rausch Creek is right down the road too. It’s been awhile but what I remember is that AOAA is more about long trails, and since I go up there with jeeps we trend toward RC which means you really can push your and your truck to the limits.

There are three good trails in the GWNF in Virginia that are fun if exploring and camping are more of what someone may want. Flagpole knob in particular offers great camping that is free and excellent night sky viewing.

I am up for either Pennsylvania or Virginia!

What dates would be good or you guys? I was thinking late spring/early summer. Definitely down to RC, but never been. I’m from the south so only ever done mud off-roaring lol.

The flagpole knob sounds great for a weekend trip with the family. Thanks for the heads up!

Bowser-II

So I am putting together a trip to Flag Pole and maybe one of the other trails in Virginia with USMC315 (his forum name) in mid July. Looking like the 16th to 18th.

Because of schedules it will probably be a Thursday to Saturday trip, with it being easy to jump in or duck out for a single day.

Not sure if we will camp in one place both nights or two separate locations. They are not structured sites and every is first come first serve.

If you have never been in the GWNF the trails are fun and generally mild if your have ever wheeled out west or at a park like Rausch Creek. Buuuuttttt you can break something if your careless or just want to push as hard as you can.

Let me know if you are interested.