• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What mileage should my next H3 have?

chinsH3

So in two months I am leaving the great state of Hawaii and moving to VA on the Armys dime. I am leaving my 06 H3 base here and looking at an Alpha. I have seen all kinds of mileage from one with 30kish, 80k, and even a 130k with a rancho lift-mentioned in the online finds...dark blue with tint and no spare tire carrier. I want an Alpha, and it will be my daily driver. I will also use it for camping, geting to hikes, and hunt sites and trail riding. Is the adventure package really worth the extra mileage, or is minimal mileage the key? Basically I am not wanting to buy an Alpha and 6 months later have the wife want to kill me because the transmission went out lol. Open to yall's thoughts

5gn-h3t

Adventure package (off-road package) is really awesome if you do a lot of off-roading or if you live where there is a lot of snow. If not, then I wouldn’t worry about it. They are also things that you can always add to any H3.

You’re looking at vehicles that are at least 10 years old. At 12,000 miles a year, 120,000 miles is very reasonable. I think finding a pavement queen is more important than extremely low mileage. If it looks like it’s been beat, then it has. Look underneath for scratches in the skids and cross members.

Bowser-II

If your looking to buy on the east coast search south of the mason dixon line because of rust on the trucks in the northeast and northern portion of the Midwest.

Other than that, an Alpha is great, and prices are not bad. Biggest problem in the mid Atlantic region is the chrome removal process [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Above 100K, a transmission could last 15,000 miles or 85,000 miles. It will always be a calculation if the particular vehicle is worth it. I think you simply have to look at everything, test drive it, test the 4WD modes, etc. to determine if it's worth it.

Like has been said, if you're going off road try and get the Adventure package. Where are you heading?

chinsH3

I am headed to Virginia, in yhe Fort Eustis/Norfolk area area. I am trying to stay south of the MasonDixon for the rust lol, and am keeping my black mirrors from the current H3(I never good rid of the old chrome ones lol) to help with the chrome removal process. I am hunting for the Adventure package but it seems as the pictures make it hard to tell if the second button is stab control or front lockers lol. I am trying to get all my research in before I get there so I can just go see in person.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Well it's a lot easier to upgrade an Alpha to Adventure specs than to get an Adventure to Alpha specs. A mall crawler is a great find and starting point for you

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk