• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Looking at getting a few "off roster" pistols before moving to CA, was wondering at some of the higher end semi-autos

Kurt

Was wondering what I should be looking at...

I was familiar with Nighthawk through Korth... but I was looking at Wilson Combat 9mm's as well as Staccato and STI [which I heard were similar]. I'm not that big into semi-autos, I have a few glocks and a CZ-75B but never looked at the more collector pieces and I'm not sure what I should look for...

Basically, I'm looking at trading my HK SP-5, I was going to get SBR it and get a Can, but you know California. I consulted an attorney about importing it and while I can, I may be better off trading/selling it and get a CA-non-fun-Legal version based on the SP5-L and focus on getting a few things that are off-roster before moving.

One of the ones I was looking at was an STI steel master that's basically new in case, is there anything I should look for with these 2011 style pistols that would indicate excessive rare. The ones I've seen so far have the case, all the accessories and no wear marks anywhere that I can see...

Anything else I should look at?

Kurt

Eh, anything fun that's a similar value range. Just had a pre-ban E&S retro AR offered with a M-203 cheese grader style flare launcher which would have been fun to have but flare launchers is problematic on a "featureless" rifle so the fun police out west wouldn't like it.

Had an Austin dealer reach out and offered trades direct over for an HK 512's if I wanted another AR. But I got plenty of those.

I got a Glock 43x is my planned carry along with a S&W 44 mag [bear/wildlife] when I get to Orange County and file for the carry license.

Basically leaning at stuff I can't easily get in CA. At least with off-roster stuff if I don't end up liking it, I can trade it for something I probably would like later. I don't plan to compete in 3 gun, but I'm planning into getting into Cowboy Action Shooting since I got enough of the period pieces to do that. :) Plus 2 changes of cowboy costume.

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not current on the Cali list but I don't think you can get the Sig 365 there, maybe the 365X but it is a bigger pistol.

Kurt

Funny you mentioned Sig, I had someone just offer me a Sig Mastershop grade pistol, but after checking with the law, I decided to keep the SP-5 and get a mag lock kit for it, pistol or rifles with maglocks is SB 880 compliant.

Apparently, the "in thing" for CA gun owners post-2018 for "featured" semi-autos is to get maglock kit. I got one for the HK from Maglatch for $25, so I get to keep one of my favorite guns :D

Kurt

They come up with something and there's an instant workaround so.. cat and mouse.

Was working on getting a Glock 43x Taran Combat custom, turned out to be a scammer. Called him out on it and deal fell through.

rascole

Don't bring any illegal guns. The Commifornia governor Greusome will find you. All legal immigrants from red states are heavily investigated and are subject re-programing before gaining residency. 😂

rascole

Don't bring any illegal guns. The Commifornia governor Greusome will find you. All legal immigrants from red states are heavily investigated and are subject re-programing before gaining residency. 😂

LagunaH1

We have reeducation camps for this purpose, with most camp attendants having been trained in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea 🤣