• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

3rd back seat , help needed

JAMerolle

I have 3 children 8, 5 and an infant and all needing car seats. I was wondering if anyone is looking to part with there 3rd back h1 seat I would welcome it. I am trying to avoid the $1500 price tage I have seen at various hummer accessories sights. If you might want to sells yours contact me a bplateaus@gmail.com.

Any advise on seating would be great.

Cyouincourt007

Pavement Prince
I'll keep an eye out on local stuff down here and let you know if I see anything....I could swear I saw something recently on Craigslist but I think it was for an H2.

JAMerolle

Hey Guys , this is for a 94 H1 hard top . Will the H2 seat work for the H1? I posted the same post on hummer forums and a guy responded and said he has one. Perhaps he will sell it.

Last edited:

mudbug

trail blazer
If it would work I think it would be some fab work involved unless your getting all the mounting hardware, then it would turn into guess work on mounting the brackets. A easier option might be a jeep fold and tumble rear seat but you will have to add seatbelts.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/24276_1XX_PG.htm. I haven't been in or under a lot of H1s so I'm really not sure what will actually work.

Last edited:

JAMerolle

If it would work I think it would be some fab work involved unless your getting all the mounting hardware, then it would turn into guess work on mounting the brackets. A easier option might be a jeep fold and tumble rear seat but you will have to add seatbelts.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/24276_1XX_PG.htm. I haven't been in or under a lot of H1s so I'm really not sure what will actually work.

For a professional job that is safe who would you get to do the install ?

JAMerolle

Mudbug Can you post a hyperlink to see what version your talking about. There is a guy from hummerforums that has one for me but no shoulder straps.

Clarke

The mounts are actually enclosed monster Rivnut's that go through the body and into the reinforcement beams underneath. You won't be welding the tie-down nut into place - the body is aluminum. The mounting holes for the tie-downs/bench seat base are designed to take a 1/2-13" bolt - most places without specialized equipment will not be able to install the factory part/rivnut. You might be able to drill and put standard bolts/nuts through the holes but getting to the nuts above the fuel-tank will be a challenge - which is why they went with a rivnut style insert.

David - how did you get those retrofitted to your '92? The dealer added them in the back of my 2000 HMSB - but I don't know how they did it.

Thanks for the tips guys. 3 hummers can you tell me the measure coordinates so I can weld them in the right location ?

JAMerolle

The mounts are actually enclosed monster Rivnut's that go through the body and into the reinforcement beams underneath. You won't be welding the tie-down nut into place - the body is aluminum. The mounting holes for the tie-downs/bench seat base are designed to take a 1/2-13" bolt - most places without specialized equipment will not be able to install the factory part/rivnut. You might be able to drill and put standard bolts/nuts through the holes but getting to the nuts above the fuel-tank will be a challenge - which is why they went with a rivnut style insert.

David - how did you get those retrofitted to your '92? The dealer added them in the back of my 2000 HMSB - but I don't know how they did it.

Thank you sir for this information. There has to be an easy solution.

Ron B

Hi all -- been absent a while. I have one of the hummer bench seats and mount (at least I think I do...gotta check the basement) but I went with a custom fabbed mount and kids racing seat. Keeps the kid lower and can use a 5 point harness -- it wasn't that much money to fab, but a nice seat/seats with belts can be pricey if you go with nice ones (worth it). These are the only pics I can find quickly

RB

Attachments

• jump seat.jpg
    jump seat.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 148
  • jump seat2.jpg
    jump seat2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member

Mike S at Tustin added them so I could mount my Safari rack between the rear seats. They are just held in place with regular bolts and lock washers.

Clarke

Right just just getting one with shoulder straps is the key

i had a local 4x4 shop fabricate a belt-bar loop behind the seat to allow for 4-point belts. Was quick and affordable. My son loved to climb up into the middle seat and hook up his four point harness.