• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Nice Jeep,let's see if the make it?

Woodtick

attachment.php
:klink:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 419

4speedfunk

I think that is called a "J8". They've had those overseas for years...with a diesel, too. I saw a travel show filmed in Brazil, and they guy had a diesel J8, stick-shift with a drop-in camper. Very cool.

RamRod

Doesn't look like the J8 to me, looks like a JK8, big difference

J8
e4698353850d1efdb387195413b43d18.jpg

JK8
0e646645cfbc209efabc867042f6cd2e.jpg

It's quite the lengthy project (2-300 hours at a body shop) and here's a short clip of how one was done:
http://youtu.be/X2lf0qk9YY

I when wheeling with a guy last Oct who has one, I can see why this hasn't taken off after seeing it in person

The JK8 is a kit you buy from Mopar that converts a 4door Wrangler into a Reg cab truck with a small box

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big2dabank

I thought dealers started doing a Brute conversion as an option, but the dealer had to perform the install and would not sell the kit. Otherwise you had to get it directly from AEV and it was something like the cost of the base vehicle plus an additional 30 or 40k. Yikes! There is a white 2013 Brute for sale in Tampa for $66,000. Double yikes!

Last edited:

mudbug

trail blazer
That would be the jeep gladiator it has been around since 2010. Cool concept, I know my dad would order one if they would come out with it.

High Five H2

if I was in charge of Jeep, I'd drop all of their 90 crossovers, do a pick up version of the wrangler, and start building a full size and heavy duty size wrangler with truck and SUV version.

Woodtick

attachment.php
This was just sent to me via face book,for sale at a car max? As you can see, it's a piece of crap kit. The original pic I posted is not a kit. It is a pu that Jeep may release to the US market. If it could be bought stripped down, no bull chit inside, I would be a buyer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 302

RamRod

attachment.php
This was just sent to me via face book,for sale at a car max? As you can see, it's a piece of crap kit. The original pic I posted is not a kit. It is a pu that Jeep may release to the US market. If it could be bought stripped down, no bull chit inside, I would be a buyer.

It is forsale.... You take a 4 door JK, go to the Mopar parts catalog, pick your favorite body shop.... And there you have it

Dealers around me have them, but can't seem to sell them and you can pick it up cheap at least a guy in my local club did

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk