• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Moab April 2015 Black Sheep Week - April 5-11

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Our springtime Black Sheep Hummer Week is right around the corner! As usual, we'll start as Easter Jeep Safari ends on Easter Sunday. Most wheeling starts on Monday the 6th, with most attendees arriving on Sunday the 5th. Arrive and depart as it fits in your schedule.

A variety of lodging options are available in Moab, including commercial campgrounds, rough camping, hotels (Motel 6 often has the best rates). Also lots of camping at the Outpost - please check with Neo. Days begin and end at the Outpost. If this is your first time, please send Neo or me a PM and we'll send you the address. All vehicles are welcome - Hummers, Jeeps, Rovers, Scorpions, RZRs, etc.

Also, all newbie questions are welcome here in the thread, please don't hesitate to ask.

Attendee List

# in PartyAttendeesVehicleLodgingConfirmed?Arrival/Departure DatesHAM call signState
1NeoHMC2OutpostYPermanentUT
1F5MoabSilveradoPassing thruYID
23HummersHMC4Motel 6YKJ6JCCTX/CA
2Bro of Bro of 3HMC4Motel 6NTX
1LagunaH1HMCSMotel 6YCA
1JR3TH3TOutpostYSat-?CA
1AlrockH3MorrisYSun-SatAZ
1ReloaderH3AMorrisYSun-SatAZ
15WienersXJMorrisYSun-SatAZ
106 H3H3?OutpostYCA
2BigunitH3TYSat-?AZ
2Preferred ChassisScorpionYSat-?AZ
2Silverton34JKYIA
2HighatopH3Lazy LizardYCO
1SickStringCJKDays InnYTX
1FrumakerRaptorDays InnNTX
1SickStringC buddyJKDays InnYTX
1Panzer07H3NCA
1ReaperH3NCO
1ajk150DiscoOutpostNCO
1H3nightrodH3NIL
2+2tdinardoH3YUT/FL
2abeardem2500YCA
2.5backcountryJKOutpostYfirst weekendCO
1TimgcoFiatOutpostYSat-TuesCO

Speaking of Neo, here he is in action on High Dive on the Behind the Rocks trail.

[video=youtube_share;bdnuMRiIlxw]http://youtu.be/bdnuMRiIlxw?list=PL9dhSMe9H7pJ5K1U9eurFPA8YQDu18G9 h[/video]

Steel%20Bender%20040313%20%285%29-L.jpg

Hells%20100713%20%2819%29-L.jpg

Hells%20100713%20%2859%29-L.jpg

Last edited:

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Don't know if I can make it...had already made other overlanding trip plans since it didn't look like BSHS April '15 was going to happen...Alrock, if I can't make, could you please pick up my goodies from F5 and bring them back with you to AZ?

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
do we have that attendance list this year?

My brother has to put in his request for work still but he's off of school too that week. Last time I was out there was 2 years ago!!!!! 2 years too long!

Zach I hope you make it, cant fit all my grease gun equipement in the 3. I might need the H2 with all that extra room.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
No worries, Bigunit. Figured that you couldn't get the 35s installed in time anyway [emoji6]
I would've had to have started the tire swap sometime last month in order to be ready for Moab in April! [emoji12]

Zach

Mall Crawler
Zach I hope you make it, cant fit all my grease gun equipement in the 3. I might need the H2 with all that extra room.

Ya know, with Twin in SoCal now, Zach might need quick access to those grease guns.
Asshats, I do read these threads. And Alex, twin likes superlube.
I would've had to have started the tire swap sometime last month in order to be ready for Moab in April! [emoji12]

Not this again! [emoji90]

Truck will be good to go by then. Only conflict I have is work. Will request the time when my owner gets back from Hawaii. At least it's not end of month

reaper

I'm hoping to make it for just a couple days-- just got the hummer running again after a year of parking it and $2000 of repairs.

Highatop

Ok, I think we, Steven and I will goin again. Or atleast me. Steven's 18 now, who knows what his plans are or will be. I hope he wants to go, we will see. I'm hopin to have a rearlocker by then also. I will start another thread for that to see if anything as changed for the better. I will know more as it gets closer.
Hope to see some new and old faces there...And as always, I'll bring the cookies an goldfish...

PreferredChassisFab

Yosemite Sam
Pretty sure we don't need an overshare here.
Dave, make sure you bring your tools, parts and "parking lot creeper". All the H1s will need attention. Everyone will think of you while out wheeling the trails.[emoji1][emoji12][emoji14][emoji2][emoji3][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Maxpf, bring that beast to Moab. If you go, I'll rearrange my overland trip and will meet you there!

MaxPF

AGNTSA
Glad to hear that. Think you need to show it off in Moab

Maxpf, bring that beast to Moab. If you go, I'll rearrange my overland trip and will meet you there!

I said it moves, never said anything about stopping :giggle: I'm just now working on front brake lines. Still needs exhaust (no idea where I am going to route it), cooling system plumbed, intercooler, PS cooler, and other miscellaneous doo-dads. Oh, and AC. I ain't driving it in April without AC! I'm too old for that 2-60 crap.