• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

SoCal Event - Cleghorn Ridge / 2N17X - November 25, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbetts

NERD!!!
In celebration of Black Friday, we will be gathering to make a run up Cleghorn Ridge and 2N17X.

Description: Cleghorn Road is an awesome trail that is as easy or as hard as you want it to be. The entire trail is a fire road with the hard trail winding back and forth across the fire road. This makes for a great time without fear of being forced to do anything that make you uncomfortable. 2N17X will provide some harder challenges but still has bypasses for the more difficult areas.

When: November 25, 2011

Where: Cajon, CA

Time: 10am we will be hitting the trails. We will be meeting around 9:30 to air down and a quick safety meeting. Expect a full day of trails so bring a lunch to eat while we wheel.

Meeting Spot: Cleghorn Road exit off of the I-15 just south of Hwy 138. We will all meet under the freeway. :link:

Trails: Cleghorn Road and 2N17X

On Cleghorn there is a main trail which is a well maintained and improved dirt road for the most part - and opportunities at every turn to opt for the more difficult (MUCH more difficult in places) secondary trail. You can get on and off of this optional trail over and over again...so it is an ideal way to learn the capabilities of your rig. :link:

After we exit Cleghorn, I will also lead us over to 2N17X. This is a fun and challenging trail that is fairly short, but very worth it. Anyone not wishing to do this trail can simply opt out and take Hwy 138 out to the I-15 as we have to drive a mile down Hwy 138 before getting to 2N17X. :link:

Communications: CB channel 37

Weather: Temperatures have quite a range here. I recommend bringing a warm clothing in case it becomes a long night. Bring sunscreen and lots of water.

Confirmed Attendance:
cbetts - H3
Zach - H2
Portager - H3T
JonBishop - H3
Alrock - H3
LagunaH1 - H1
Nacho - H3
H3-ING - H3
Sircode13 - H1
Mb30sdl - H2 (on steroids)
JRWid - H2T
Expendable - (ridealong)
WarMongur - H3

Possible Attendance:
Kurt - H1

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Love these trails. I encorage all that can to make this run. If I weren't going to be in God's country I would be there.

cbetts

NERD!!!
I think I made and error on the original map for 2N17X. I was replaying the trail in my mind and remembered it is a loop. The map link was updated for that trail in the first post.

Zach

Mall Crawler
I guess we all need to be on our best behavior now that the head cheese himself will be here! It is gonna be good to wheel with you again. I hope we don't let you down.

Yes, especially since I'm leading this. Ring gear don't let me down this time lol. And Alex and Luis, I'm buying dinner for you guys afterwards unless I'm on a flatbed again. Doh!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I guess we all need to be on our best behavior now that the head cheese himself will be here! It is gonna be good to wheel with you again. I hope we don't let you down.
I get that respect in Moab, too. "Hey Alex, fetch me another beer. And it better be cold! Please"

Status
Not open for further replies.