• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Jan 2 Big Bear run

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
I'll be around Big Bear for a New Year, considering run/snow run in Big Bear on 2nd if any one interested.

update:
meeting spot: Big Bear Discovery Center 9am. Jan 2nd.
714-926-8089 text

Last edited:

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Well I am taking it to LV on tue then we will be coming back through Death Valley, so it will get first light offroad shake down. Mounted shifter assy on Saturday. Hood is coming back today from paint shop, another photo finish.:huh: If verything will be fine I may be too lazy to tow GMC to the mountains and just take H2.

Thinking, Gold mountain or something NOT to difficult. John Bull?:huh:maybe.

Last edited:

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Leaving LV today. Have ~20-50mi of washboard roads and maybe harder stuff. I know for sure if H2 is not ready GMC will be in BB.

JRWid

I should be able to join you guys. What's snow level at Big Bear? If clear, I vote for JB.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Right now there is no snow. They are possibly calling for snow Tuesday/Wednesday with the snow level dropping to 2000 feet. Could change though

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Came back last night. Everything looks good, no lose bolts. So 2nd it is, bringing H2. I guess depending on snow level we can do JB or Gold mountain.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
9am at discovery center.
i think we need to try Gold mountain first and maybe John Bull second.

updated first post.

do we have head count?

Last edited:

Panzer07

Cool...sounds good...I might be bringing a friend along she would be running in her 4Runner. I'll get confirmation from her tomorrow. She should be fine for gold mountain but I'm sure she'll pass JB, I'm willing to give it a shot see how far I am able to go in.

Torres

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Got to crestline (4500ft) at 4:30 first pic
attachment.php

Now 9:30
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 301
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 289
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 315

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
If you coming up to BB, give yourself more time. We had a lot of snowmelt today and its below freezing now, so probably icy/slipery conditions.Went up to snow valley, coming back CHP moved chains check point from crestline to 18/330 split lots of standing traffic.

updated 1st post with my contact #

Panzer07

I'm coming from ontario so I'm taking 38 highway rather than 18...hoping it be cleared off. I'm planing on leaving home around 0700. I'll update if I'm coming in late.

Torres