• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Four Peaks Cleanup - Saturday, November 5

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I just got notice of this event coming this Saturday. This is the first cleanup in 18 months and we know how trashed this area gets.

The Four Peaks - Sugar Loaf Cleanup is scheduled for Saturday November 5, 9 AM. Please help spread the world and mark your calenders to join us. Attached is a link to the Channel 15 news release which gives complete information:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/state/four-peaks-cleanup-event-looking-for-volunteers

I believe they filled up four large roll-off trash bins last time with hundreds of volunteers.

I will be participating in this cleanup. Perhaps we meet at the Ft. McDowell Chevron, Beeline Hwy and Ft. McDowell Road, at 9 am?

This is an area that Jerry and I helped clean last time with a pic of the trash just from this area.
782909125_ZaRHf-L.jpg

782399618_MSoGC-L.jpg

Here's what it looked like when we were done.

782400618_PyQJb-L.jpg

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Good job on the clean up last time alrock. Its a shame with what people leave out there...especially huge couches and chairs.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Did the cleanup yesterday. I worked in one area that's used for shooting and cleaned up countless bottles, cans, computer parts, drywall, plastic soda carriers, boxes, boards, shotgun shells, etc. from that area. I don't have any "after" pics of the area but here are some pics to show what we were dealing with.

Four-Peaks-110511-L.jpg

Four-Peaks-110511-2-L.jpg

Four-Peaks-110511-4-L.jpg

This was about one half of our haul
Four-Peaks-110511-1-L.jpg

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
And shooters wonder why these areas are starting to be closed to shooting.

I understand wanting to shoot a computer, but I wish they would take it after they destroy it.

HomeOnRange.gif

ReallySeriously.gif

Last edited: